Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my parents are staying with me..it's been 10 days now and

(15 Posts)
brimfull Wed 17-Sep-08 19:35:53

I want to rip their heads off.

I have to repeat everything I say.

My mother undermines all my disciplining .

It should be fucking illegal to have your parents stay with you longer than a day.

I am going mmmaaaaaaaaaadddd!!!!!!

BornToRun Wed 17-Sep-08 19:39:05

Heart goes out to you ggirl, my mother (80) stays with us for a week at a time. She watchs tv from dawn til dusk at approx 2000000000 decibels! I normally have a seriously bad sore throat after she has gone as I too have to repeat everything, blesssss I do love her tho! Trick, I learned is to give her alcohol, tends to nod off a bit and give me a break (possibly will get flamed for that!). Good luck x

brimfull Wed 17-Sep-08 19:42:16

tis such a nightmare

have to take them somewhere evryday,they whinge about the prices here (they live in canada)

I am absolutely drained

MollyCherry Wed 17-Sep-08 19:43:04

My mum came round for a few hours today. It's the 4th Wednesday in a row she's invited herself round and that is driving me mental so can't imagine what you're having to put up with.

No advice I'm afraid - just lots of sympathy. When are they leaving...?

kama Wed 17-Sep-08 19:43:56

Message withdrawn

NotSoRampantRabbit Wed 17-Sep-08 19:44:13

My parents recently came to stay, bringing their new mobile home with them on the start of a summer-long tour of the UK.

They kept going off on little camping excursions and then re-appearing after a couple of days. In total they were here for a month.

I fed them, did their washing, stored their belongings in my loft. It was like a complete role reversal.

Poor DH kept asking me when they were going, and I didn't have a clue.

Dad drove me insane and I lost it when DS (3) got told off for "helping" him reel a hosepipe.

They are bonkers!

piratecat Wed 17-Sep-08 19:45:19

I always love the idea of mum coming to stay and vice versa, but after a day I remember all the annoying things, and the resentment starts to grow!!!!!

BornToRun Wed 17-Sep-08 19:48:30

ggirl, how long are they with you? Seriously, try the alcohol trick, works great here. Know what you mean about the moaning, if we go to the supermarket she always tells me she could live on what I spend in a day for a week, what she forgets is she is on her own and I shop for 7!

brimfull Wed 17-Sep-08 19:49:41

they are going on saturday

I feel guilty for feeling like I do

I am sure they are as sick of me as I am of them.

one of the pitfalls of living so far from each other

kama-are you on drugs??

brimfull Wed 17-Sep-08 19:50:33

can I give them gin at 10am??

Janni Wed 17-Sep-08 19:52:32

Yours would be a great 'complete this sentence' thread title.

My first thought was 'I'm losing the will to live'

brimfull Wed 17-Sep-08 19:54:50

yes janni

or

I want to drink 24hrs a day

I am acting like a stroppy 15 yr old all the time

I no know why I left home and moved to another country!

duomonstermum Wed 17-Sep-08 20:09:44

i went to my mums for a week at the end of aug. came back with lockjaw from clenching too hard blush got home on the fri and thought i was safe for another year when lo-and-behold she phoned to say they were booked on the ferry on monday.....sob... i think my jaw is just about back to normal but fully expecting to be told off by the dentistgrin maybe she won't come over at christmas [hopeful]i love her dearly but i did move a whole continent away only for her to move a ferry ride away <runs away pulling out my hair>

TheHolyGrail Wed 17-Sep-08 20:14:27

You ungrateful lot - they looked after you for years and years and this is how you repay them wink!

kama Wed 17-Sep-08 20:49:07

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now