Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ladies, i need you help.

(11 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Wed 17-Sep-08 16:24:31

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Wed 17-Sep-08 16:51:49

Message withdrawn

twoluvlykids Wed 17-Sep-08 16:54:06

tell her to talk, talk, talk then talk some more to him.otherwise it'll all fizzle out totally.and men are not good at talking usually, are they?

TwoMore Wed 17-Sep-08 17:16:21

was he a virgin?

TheHedgeWitch Wed 17-Sep-08 17:22:33

Message withdrawn

AuraofDora Wed 17-Sep-08 17:31:02

one of the many downsides of 'true love waits'..
she needs to talk to him and bluntly too
not a good sign at 23 at all..

socialpariah Wed 17-Sep-08 18:56:41

My husband was like that and after three years and lots of unsuccessful attempts to overcome it I had an affair. Not excusing it I was just so frustrated and felt undesirable.......

Acinonyx Wed 17-Sep-08 19:32:22

Does she really know he's straight? Does he even know that?

girlsnextdoor Wed 17-Sep-08 19:33:52

He could be gay, he could be hiding it- in denial.

One of the downsides of remaining a virgin til your wedding day is that you never find these things out.

alarm bells should have maybe rang when he was obviously happy to "court her" and not press for sex.

Sorry, but i think this relationship is doomed- sounds like they have a brother/sister relationship, not man and wife.

I am afraid that in cases like this I feel the writing has been on the wall all a long but sometimes people just don't want to see it.

I guess she was relieved on the one hand that he was happy to not have sex before marriage- but what she maybe didn't realise was that he just doesn't want it - or not with her.

TheHedgeWitch Wed 17-Sep-08 20:25:28

Message withdrawn

girlsnextdoor Wed 17-Sep-08 20:35:11

I know you are trying to see th best in him, but tbh, any 23 yr old guy who is more or less still on his honeymoon and doesn't want ti all the time has a problem. Moving states or no moving states- just excuses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now