Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is my SIL a bit wierd and possibly toxic, or am I being paranoid?

(5 Posts)
LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 17:58:41

OK she's not my SIL, she's my DB's girlfriend, he's only been with her a year and I've met her a few times, she's been out with the kids with him and been to my house a few times and played with the DC's etc. Today they popped round and have just gone and she and DD (6) played a game upstairs while me and DB chatted downstairs, which consisted of her and DD tying up DS (9) and spraying perfume on him. She played a similar game last time she came round and now that she's played it twice, it has suddenly struck me as being something quite unusual.

I should mention that she's very young (my DB is a decade younger than me) and she's Russian, doesn't speak much English so it could be a cultural thing or whatever, but I just feel a bit uncomfortable about it because it's the sort of game I'd expect ghastly little girls to play, not a little girl aided and abetted by an adult.

Is my discomfort unnecessary? I'm so aware of toxic behaviour from all my mad relatives atm, that perhaps I'm seeing it where it isn't...

RubySlippers Mon 15-Sep-08 17:59:51

would be a bit hmm about the tying up

kama Mon 15-Sep-08 18:04:56

Message withdrawn

kama Mon 15-Sep-08 18:05:28

Message withdrawn

LittleBella Mon 15-Sep-08 18:16:29

Sorry I somehow managed to post this thread twice, so to save confusion can I ask you to reply on this version of the thread

Kama I will respond to you on that one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now