Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

this is so embarrassing, but.....

(30 Posts)
wtfhashappened Sat 13-Sep-08 14:57:50

name change here, clearly, but I am a bit embarrassed about my thoughts recently. I am 37, married with 3 littlies, fine relationship with dh, reg sex etc, but just recently I have been obsessed, and I mean obsessed with sex. I am practically drooling over every man I see, and think about sex about every half an hour. Don't misinterpret this - it is very far from lusting after a specific person and fantasising about an affair, and I would NEVER act on any of these thoughts, but they are starting to really annoy me! I could almost understand it if things were boring between me and DH, but they're not, and he is always as up for it as I am, but I feel like that Harry Enfield 'Young Man' character. Starting to worry if this is the start of the menopause or something.

clam Sat 13-Sep-08 15:08:03

Dunno, but whatever it is can you pass some of it over here? DH would be delighted.

HeinzSight Sat 13-Sep-08 15:09:47

There was a programme on tv about a lady who suffered a head injury or something and after that the part of brain that controls sexual urges stopped working, so she went sex mad.

Haven't bumped your head have you wtf?

wtfhashappened Sat 13-Sep-08 15:33:40

not that I know of!

HeinzSight Sat 13-Sep-08 15:40:47

sorry, looks like you're f*ed grin

GypsyMoth Sat 13-Sep-08 17:05:17

is this a one off,or do you feel like this monthly? hormones could be at play here.

fancyflo Sat 13-Sep-08 18:30:30

lol @ Young man character!

Are you preggers?smile

TracksuitLover Sat 13-Sep-08 20:22:39

I am the same! I think it is a hormonal thing or something that maybe happens after having children. Or something that happens around 35 onwards? I went back on the pill and feel slightly less 'unmanageable'. Are you on the pill?

Dior Sat 13-Sep-08 20:24:47

Message withdrawn

magsi Sat 13-Sep-08 20:38:41

Christ, what have you been eating! And, for got sake, give me the recipe!!! grin

Ohforfoxsake Sat 13-Sep-08 20:44:49

I think you should enjoy it while it lasts!

wtfhashappened Sun 14-Sep-08 09:15:54

It is defo worse around ovulation - and the physical signs of that are much much more marked than they ever used to be (god, I can't describe what I mean, I really am embarrassed). I'm not on the pill as dh has had the snip, and definitely not pg. I know it sounds funny/borderline boasting but I am embarrassed at myself.

bobsyouruncle Sun 14-Sep-08 09:20:27

bit obsessive around ovulation too smile Sadly for dh, only around ovulation though grin

anyfucker Sun 14-Sep-08 14:26:22

Newb Sun 14-Sep-08 18:48:08

I read a book once by John Gray (Mars and Venus guy) called "How to get what you want and want what you've got" or something. In it he talked about life stages and said as women get older they have a certain point at which they want lots of sex and get bored with their DH's etc. and that age was 37. Can't remember what else he said......

Big generalisation but maybe you are the proof of that...

sameagain Sun 14-Sep-08 19:11:26

WOW - I am so pleased to hear all this. I am 38 and exactly the same thing is happening to me. I have gone from barely noticing men for 15 years, to almost crashing the car watching them - you know like the stereotype of a man not watching the road becasue he's watching the miniskirt.

And most unsuitable men too, hugely muscular men, not at all my type and this week, I realised I was looking at a "man" in school uniform blush I did look away quickly once I realised it was a uniform.

MrsSportacus Sun 14-Sep-08 20:30:26

Since 35 I too am acting like a 17 year old boy.....lucky Mr Right when I meet him! LOL

atadembarrassedtoadmit Sun 14-Sep-08 20:40:37

I was going to post almost exactly the same thing as the OP shock.

Don't know what is happening to me but my crushes are very unsuitable, let alone the fact that I am very happily married.

I have decided that it is age (37) and hormones. I hope.

Actually I am relieved to find it is not just me. No one in RL will admit to it.

anyfucker Sun 14-Sep-08 21:19:01

I admit

I admit

I ADMIT

sameagain Mon 15-Sep-08 10:30:15

Do you think it could be (shhhh!) something to do with reaching the end of our childbearing years - our bodies know this is the last chance kind of thing?

Does anyone know how long it lasts - I'm quite enjoying it blush

anyfucker Mon 15-Sep-08 11:50:46

yes, it started with me about 3 yrs ago

I am in my 40's

I reckon 'tis Mother Natures way of trying to pop one more sprog out before its too late...

wtfhashappened Mon 15-Sep-08 17:32:48

thank god for that!!!! I thought I was the only one here feeling so horny, and yes they are always unsuitable droolings... shit, I hope the menopause isn't imminent, I have only just finished bf dc3. and poor old DH, it's not that he doesn't do it for me anymore, just that it's a bit familiar. I don't think it would be so bad if it was all in the mind, but my body is really betraying me at the mo. Not that I would EVER do anything like that - I value my marriage and my children far too much for a zipless fuck, but I am so relieved I am not the only one - thanks all for your honesty.

wtfhashappened Mon 15-Sep-08 17:34:31

oh, yes, and I meant to add, I am very far from being a Mrs Robinson or Helen Mirren in terms of looks, so the fact that I look a lot closer to waynetta slob (but with washed hair and better clothes) just fills me with shame that if any of these poor blokes realised what I was thinking they would choke in disbelief

womn are a their sexual peak fter 36.
the ideal coupling is a woman in her late 30's and a boy of 18!grin

QuintessentialShadow Mon 15-Sep-08 17:37:43

Eating lettuce sends my libido through the roof. Have you changed your diet?

It also happened after I got a steroid injection for arhritis. My gp had to report it as an unusual side effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now