Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why do i love someone who treated me badly

(5 Posts)
choccypuddin Sat 13-Sep-08 09:18:11

My partner left me 5 months ago pregnant. I was devastated. He as been messing me about since but i stil cling to hope he will change his mind and come back. He doesnt answer any of my texts all calls. I still really miss him its awful. I must be stupid!

loopylou6 Sat 13-Sep-08 09:26:54

aww you poor thing. what do you mean he messes you about?

Monkeytrousers Sat 13-Sep-08 09:35:51

Becasue you have low self esteem? You think you deserve it?

Do you want your child to see you like this?

Have you tried counselling - or this Buy it for £3.

And remember you don;t have to be in a realtionshiop with him to still have him in your life. he is the father of your child, so you don't have to panic that he is about to disapear. Try to sort yourself out and when you do you your thoughts on him will change

jojostar Sat 13-Sep-08 09:40:44

It natural to want him back and this can last for sometime. My ex husband was a right shitbag but how I longed for him and missed him and wanted him back...You are worth far more than him stop ringing him txting him the more you do it the further away he will go, take his number off your phone .Yes it will be very very hard but he comes back he'll do it again and again then you'll get in the situation i was in and have a 5yr old ask why does daddy get away with being naughty and you don't tell him off. He'll know you will put up with it, he can get away with it and so the cycle goes on. Take control easier said than done I know but the rewards will be better than being with someone you have to beg to be with you...
I never thought I would get out of that situation but I did and I met someone (current husband) who gives me all the love I'll ever need and now I look back and think WTF!
Hugthat.com might help good luck and stay strong YOU can do it smile

jojostar Sat 13-Sep-08 09:43:50

forgot to say You'll get through it look fantastic feel good about yourself and he'll probably come tail between his legs 'how did I manage without you' by that point you be in a place thinking 'how did I manage with you' and show his sorryarse the door.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now