Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sister-in-law controls and lies.

(12 Posts)
LOVEMYMUM Fri 12-Sep-08 23:27:14

Am very upset and angry. Had a lovely little girl end Feb 08 by c-section. My sister-in-law (DH's sister) said she couldn't come round cos her 30 year-old daughter would get jealous (She has her own 2 year-old girl.) My mother was chatting to the 30-year old girl who said that she wouldn't have been jealous at all! SIL is controlling and DH will take her side. DH and I were away for a few days cos he had a conference and I went with for a break (didn't enjoy it - missed my LO too much!). Got back last night. I told DH i wouldn't be making dinner tonight cos too busy unpacking etc, DH had dinner at his mother's house, I asked, wot about me, he assumed i would eat here, didn't even think to consider me. I've been diagnosed with PND (more like post-natal anger) and he won't come to counselling with me. Am wondering what i'm doing with him - am i only property to him?

Pria Sat 13-Sep-08 00:15:28

All sounds pretty normal to me! Don't sound like property to him as he presumably he did offer opportunity of going on the break?

LOVEMYMUM Sat 13-Sep-08 00:32:21

Why is it normal for DH to take my in-laws side over mine. Shouldn't even be about sides?

LOVEMYMUM Sat 13-Sep-08 18:55:15

Bump.

FabioBigBangBlackHole Sat 13-Sep-08 19:03:57

Fking cheek of dh to sod off to his mum's for dinner - why couldn't he make dinner while you unpacked/vice versa?

a man who runs back to mummy will a disappointing partner make imo

SIL may or may not have lied - poss the 30 year old lied to her. either way, most odd.

dh sounds like an arse, tbh.

go to your counselling sessions alone and see you can find a way to talk to him and show him what a disappointment he is being.

he needs to start acting like a man not a boy imo.

FabioBigBangBlackHole Sat 13-Sep-08 19:08:34

And his behaviour is NOT normal at all, it's dismissive and imperious.
And if your property is precious, you treat it with care, no?

RubySlippers Sat 13-Sep-08 19:10:18

i would be more concerned about your DH rather than your SIL

why "won't" he come to counselling

LOVEMYMUM Sat 13-Sep-08 19:31:48

He says he doesn't want to discuss our marital life in front of a stranger.

I lost my temper today and also cried. Am feeling a bit better now.

He couldn't unpack cos he had to go into the office for a few hours before having next week off.

RubySlippers Sat 13-Sep-08 19:33:54

is the counselling for PND or is it marriage counselling?

TBH a man that left me to unpack, with no dinner whilst he swanned off to his mums would infuriate me

why didn't he make dinner for both of you whilst you unpacked?

LOVEMYMUM Sat 13-Sep-08 20:49:48

Counselling for PND - more like post-natal stress/distress.

He unpacked some but not all.

coppertop Sat 13-Sep-08 21:01:12

If he had time to go to his mum's house for dinner then he had time to help you unpack IMHO. He could have ordered a takeaway for both of you.

He sounds selfish tbh.

LOVEMYMUM Sat 13-Sep-08 21:05:08

Selfish is correct coppertop.
He's good with dd but i do wonder what kind of person i've married.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now