Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

stuck in a rut

(7 Posts)
LittleCheese Fri 12-Sep-08 14:26:27

DH and I have hit a really rocky patch at the minute, whats more upsetting is we have been married less than 2 years.
DD is 20 months and we find we have very little quality time to our selves.
When DD goes to bed all we seem to do is clear up a bit then sit and watch TV, even if there is nothing on that we are interested in we still manage to find some rubbish to watch.
We are totally stuck in a rut and i really dont know what to do.
we both know we need to change things before it gets even worse I can most likely organise baby sitters a couple of nights a week and also my mum would love to have dd over on a saturday night.
But what on earth are we supposed to do with all this free time we could find ourselves with. What I dont want is to find that we have this precious time together and still all we do is sit and watch tv and dont talk.

Please can someone suggest some activities for us to do that wont break the bank but will break this horrible rut and bring us back together

Mum2OliverJames Fri 12-Sep-08 14:35:25

get some flavoured body paint grin

LittleCheese Fri 12-Sep-08 14:43:45

like the idea hehe but at the minute we dont even have a normal sex life never mind a kinky one
we dont even get on any more but after talking to each other we both agree we still love each other and want to make things work
we just need to learn to enjoy each others company again

Mum2OliverJames Fri 12-Sep-08 15:53:51

Drive to the coast at sunset and have a lovely walk on the beach grin and then if you dont manage to connect go to an arcade and go on fun machines or go to a fair. get yourselves laughing, that usually brakes down awkward barriers wink

Mum2OliverJames Fri 12-Sep-08 15:55:19

i dont mean just go if you dont connect, i mean if you dont connect go to because there you prob will have a good time - or go bowling, our nearest bowling alley has allsorts of arcade games and pool smile

freshprincess Fri 12-Sep-08 16:19:28

Would DH go for dancing lessons? A friend of mine did it with her DH and they had a great time.

LittleCheese Sun 14-Sep-08 22:34:28

thanks for the reply's ladies both sound like great ideas have already asked DH about dance lessons and we are going to give salsa a go. just once a fortnight to start with and try a pub quiz the weeks inbetween feeling better already

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now