Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Another fall-out with my sister, I am so so tired of this

(13 Posts)
QuintessentialShadow Tue 09-Sep-08 22:48:07

For the last month I have tried to avoid talking with her, after the last great virtual slap in the face from her. But tonight, my mum recounted something that my sister had told her, about something that happened in school to her dd. I said what I thought, and my mum asked me to call my sister, I said, "no, nothing good is going to come out if it, I rather not be the one she lashes out on", so my mum tried recount what I said, and made a total botchery out of it, so I grabbed the receiver and tried to convey my views.

She had written a letter to her dds teacher, which she read for me. It was the crasses and most argumentative and non-consilitary letter I have heard. I said to her she might want to soften it a little as she sounds quite agressive in her tone. She got really angry, as she always has to be right, and said ."Oh I really cant be bothered with you, any dialogue with you is nothing but fucking trouble." I said, "Oh, if you think that, let me put mum back on the line", and I gave the receiver to her. And I could hear her mouthing off to mum about how horrible I was. FGS, mum had been next to me all the time, she had heard what I said. Nothing horrible, or nasty.

Two weeks ago it was something even more ridiculous. I really think she has lost perspective of reality.

Thanks for letting me rant. sad

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 22:52:22

sad She sounds very angry and very bitter with the world. If she doesn't want your help to overcome this then be patient whilst she works through whatever problem she has. Just remember that this isn't because of you. smile

QuintessentialShadow Tue 09-Sep-08 22:55:33

She wont ever work through anything I am afraid. She has the attitude that she is never wrong. It doesnt matter what opinion she has, she cant be proven wrong. Any attempt at discussing something with her, she goes all defencive if you dont agree, and turn really nasty. People who are always right have no need to work through anything. There is sadly no insight into self. sad

But my parents get upset. I do too, as she says so many hurtful things, which of course there is nothing wrong with. And each time we "argue", it is all brought back.

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 23:02:10

I have a really good friend who is in the same situation with her sister. She's let go. She doesn't let her sister in her house, she doesn't spend time worrying about her because she's spent 30 years doing this and she's not doing it any more. She's happy now though. Her sister's had CBT, anti depressants and was on the verge of being sectioned several times because of her behaviour and outbursts. It's so hard for my friend just to let her sister get on with things. The whole family suffer though but her sister is oblivious as to what she's doing to them. The world revolves around her. She doesn't let her upset her any more because she's been forced to switch off.

Do your parents help at all?

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 23:03:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QuintessentialShadow Tue 09-Sep-08 23:06:13

True. I wouldnt. I would cut her out of my life if it wasnt for them.

I just pray to God that our house will be ready for Christmas, as i cant imagine spending another month under the same roof as her.

Either that, or we will go to inlaws, even if it is going to cost us over 2k we dont have.... sad

chapstickchick Tue 09-Sep-08 23:06:19

quint you are better than that - dont allow her to upset you if shes so bitter let her find out for herself how people dislike it.

ive read lots of your posts and you are a v kind person imo.

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 09-Sep-08 23:08:48

<<strokes Qs' hair>>

She is a loon and you are a saint to put up with her.

<<gavel>>

QuintessentialShadow Tue 09-Sep-08 23:10:26

Thanks BALD and Chaps... smile

I shall try catch some sleep. Tomorrow WILL be better.

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 23:10:57

littlelapin Tue 09-Sep-08 23:12:07

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 09-Sep-08 23:13:05

Rofl ll

Night Quint.

QuintessentialShadow Tue 09-Sep-08 23:13:56

Cheers Lapin grin

Good night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now