Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sex after Birth

(4 Posts)
keirao Tue 09-Sep-08 20:21:50

I gave birth eight months ago and have been problems since then. The birth itself was highly traumatic, the doctors used the ventouse extractor wrongly, they put it in and out of me for an hour not knowing what they were doing, I ended up having a third degree tear. I have been to several doctors in many countries since then, all seem to think I was repaired very well. However, I continue having pain. The pain stops sometimes for weeks sometimes for two months but comes back eventually. Doctors cannot explain why and they tell me to wait!Apparently I have a scar tissue formation (one doctor also referred to it as a "cyst", which he said could be removed if it does not get better with time) but I am tired of waiting and the frustration. I still haven't had penetrative sex with my husband and am dreading even the thought of it.

Has anyone else gone through a similiarly painful recovery period? I read about women who have not fully recovered even after 18 months or 2 years and feel really really down about this. Sex should not be painful after so many months. This is all I can think of, will I ever be normal again?

I would appreciate comments on this subject!

diddle Tue 09-Sep-08 20:25:03

hi, so sorry no experience of this but didn't want you to think your message was going unread. You can't be the only person who has had this happen.

AnnasBananas Tue 09-Sep-08 20:43:15

Hi there - I saw a thread under General Health called 'Spincter injury, fistula - support eachother?' there are lots of posts from ladies like yourself with birth trauma and 3rd and 4th degree tears and lots of support. Sorry I don't know how to make a link, but you should be able to find it if you scroll down the list of threads.

It's awful to hear you're still in pain after eight months, there are lots of stories on the thread from people who have had surgery to repair and remove scar tissue so hope that might inspire you that things can get better.

keirao Wed 10-Sep-08 17:40:40

Dear diddle, thank you for your kind reply and AnnasBananas, i'll check that thread, thanks very much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now