Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I want to explore my bi feelings, but where do i find similar ladies?

(16 Posts)
pandorasof Tue 09-Sep-08 11:04:00

Hi

Actually totally fed up with men. Divorced over 5 years ago and had loads of boyfriends. Always had fantasys about women but never acted on them. Now i find myself single again and think it may be time to explore my feelings further. But where do you meet bi or gay ladies. Have been a big fan of internet dating but the popular sights seem to lack girls for girls, i think they get pestered by men wanting to live their fantasy!! I don't want to tell any of my close friends so haven't anyone to go out to a gay club with and don't have the confidence to go alone. Any recommendations?

AbricotsSecs Tue 09-Sep-08 12:07:39

Message withdrawn

abouteve Tue 09-Sep-08 13:30:26

The local papers have a dating section. There is always bi-curious women seeking women.

I can empathise with the fanatsy but prefer to keep it as such. Don't think I could go through with the reality.

SlapDashMum Tue 09-Sep-08 13:43:06

I've always fantasised it and wanted to try it too but have been too scared to really do anything about it. Not sure if DH would mind or not, I have asked him but I don't think he really takes the question seriously and says he doesn't know. I'm thinking I would have to do it in secret blush. Is it cheating if it is experimenting with someone of the same sex?

It is something I keep telling myself I really want to do at some point in my life. I don't think I would have the courage to go to a gay club, maybe I would go on an internet dating site, I don't know, probably, at least it would be 'anonymous'.

I imagine the easiest way would be to meet someone who thought the same, have a few drinks and then 'accidentally' get carried away. I've never met anyone like that though and if I did what are the chances they would find me attractive.

piratecat Tue 09-Sep-08 13:49:40

um cheating is cheating?

Wisp Tue 09-Sep-08 14:26:40

There are bisexual/gay dating sites?

iamamummy Tue 09-Sep-08 17:22:26

www.gaydar.com

there are bi and gay ladies on there. i have a few bi/gay friends and this is where they have met their partners and some very close friends from.

hope that helps.

mmelody Tue 09-Sep-08 21:17:16

www.pinksofa.com/
My friend was just like you and had some success here! Good luck x

pandorasof Wed 10-Sep-08 12:15:52

Thanks everyone, was a little worried posting this question, glad i'm not the only open minded Mum out there.

Bellchops Wed 10-Sep-08 17:36:38

Hey there - I had the same feelings as you and met up with someone through a now defunct website called bibibaby. We ended up sleeping together on and off for a few years and remain good friends, which is why the attraction was there in the first place. One word of warning, some of the more mainstream sites you can contact women on seem to attract women whose idea of introducing themselves is to send a picture of their lady garden. I was quite surprised as I wouldn't expect a man to send a pic of his cock if we met online. Go for it! It turned out that I wasn't gay, just liked spending time with and sleeping with girls. I'm married now and baby on the way.

Good luck!! x

Bellchops Wed 10-Sep-08 17:36:40

Hey there - I had the same feelings as you and met up with someone through a now defunct website called bibibaby. We ended up sleeping together on and off for a few years and remain good friends, which is why the attraction was there in the first place. One word of warning, some of the more mainstream sites you can contact women on seem to attract women whose idea of introducing themselves is to send a picture of their lady garden. I was quite surprised as I wouldn't expect a man to send a pic of his cock if we met online. Go for it! It turned out that I wasn't gay, just liked spending time with and sleeping with girls. I'm married now and baby on the way.

Good luck!! x

Wisp Wed 10-Sep-08 18:02:54

Here's a great forum too..Has a UK section, not for "hooking up" but great for discussions with other bi women. this page

pulsar Wed 10-Sep-08 22:28:06

http://www.plentyoffish.com/

pulsar Wed 10-Sep-08 22:28:28

...that is a free website

squigglywig Wed 10-Sep-08 22:32:39

gaydargirls.com is grand - just be clear what you do and don't want in your profile.

Good luck!

makingafamily Wed 10-Sep-08 22:55:16

Would agree with sqiggly I actually met my now wife on gaydargirls But do be clear about your sexuality and and what you are looking for. Diva magazine also has a personals section in it every month so that might be worth a try

But good luck and Have fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now