Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just seperated from husband daughter soon to start school

(15 Posts)
sunflower1 Wed 03-Sep-08 03:22:49

I have just split up with my husband and have two lovely daughters just about to start school and pre-school. The problem is he is created quite a bit of bad feeling in our local area upsetting people and to top it all he just moved to the village where they will go to school. I have already had to deal with problems at pre-school created by him upsetting people. What I want to do is move to the next village and make a fresh start, there is a small friendly school and good local community where I believe myself and the girls could have a life without having to go around apologizing for him all the time. I wasn't 100% for the area/school before but am I doing the right thing for the children is it too many changes?- I could stay in our house she would just change school.

anorak Wed 03-Sep-08 03:34:10

Hello, you say they are just about to start at the school so if you move them now they won't have any established bonds to break yet, will they? If you would be happier at the other school then why not make the move while your children are still very small.

I feel a bit concerned that your ex husband's behaviour makes you feel forced to do this however, and I wonder if you could just ride the storm since people will not always associate you with him now you have split up. He may have upset people but it doesn't sound like you have and I don't think people will tar you with the same brush.

Anyway, you're getting a response from me because I live overseas and it's only half eleven here - you really need to bump this thread up in the morning so it appears on active conversations again so that people will see it and respond to you smile

sunflower1 Wed 03-Sep-08 04:01:55

Thanks for your advice, yes I can see what you are saying about his behaviour forcing me to do it but if he carried on this way I think the reprecussions will filter down to the children. To be honest if I really wanted them to go to the local school I would just think we would deal with it, I just think this new one would be a positive step in the right direction. Yes I am crazy being awake at this time I'm an insomanic at the best of times. How do I bump the thread? Sometimes technolgy makes me feel like I am an out of touch 90 yr old (grin)

sunflower1 Wed 03-Sep-08 04:04:17

see I can't do a smiley face properly - I'll try againgrin

Majeika Wed 03-Sep-08 09:12:50

bump

sunflower1 Wed 03-Sep-08 12:19:04

thanks

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 03-Sep-08 13:30:16

Your girls are still very young - make the move now, before they get settled at school. They'll cope.

pickie Wed 03-Sep-08 13:41:23

How far is the next village as what stops him going there and do the same?

Iwanttobreakfree Wed 03-Sep-08 13:57:47

(((hugs)))

Just to say I have literally just split from husband and daughter started school yesterday.

I would move if you easily can. Otherwise just ahve to ride the storm and hope he and other people get bored of him soon and he can move on.

sunflower1 Thu 04-Sep-08 07:26:54

(((hugs))) to you too Iwanttobreakfree how are you doing? I think I've just got to go with my instinct and stay strong!

sunflower1 Thu 04-Sep-08 16:22:16

The next village isn't far and it is true he could do the same

PinkyDinkyDooToo Fri 05-Sep-08 18:30:05

Before you change schools etc. THink about where your DC's friends will be living. It is easier if they go to the school that all of thier friends in the street/village go to

sunflower1 Sat 06-Sep-08 09:04:47

The village we live in has no school and most of the children in it go to private school. The village I want to move to has a shop, cafe,school etc whereas where we live doesn't. We would be able to walk to school and hopefully be in more of a community.

sunflower1 Sat 06-Sep-08 09:05:52

bump

PinkyDinkyDooToo Sat 06-Sep-08 15:37:30

The new village sounds good in that case, if your ExH doesn't just show up and start trouble there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now