Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you do for your dp / dh (not rude)

(18 Posts)
merrygoround Sun 20-Feb-05 21:02:41

Thought I'd share this to see if I'm in company. Just cut my dp's toe nails (they are the most disgusting toe nails I have ever seen in my life, and are enough to put me off any kind of "romantic" activity with him if I foolishly glance anywhere near his feet....). I've been waiting years for him to let me try again, as the first time I nicked his skin and he hasn't trusted me since. I sort of crept up on him while he was relaxed in the bath. One seems to be ingrowing, but thank god the rest look almost normal now. And for good measure I gave him a facial too as his skin is pretty yukky, and trimmed his straggly eyebrows. Anyone else do this kind of thing? PS DP is not that hideous to look at, just a bit lacking in grooming skills (and I am not exactly Victoria Beckham myself but I have my limits)

ThomCat Sun 20-Feb-05 21:05:26

Just had the giggles at the thought of me cutting DP's toenails. No, never have and he'd never let me, not that I've asked. He cuts them himself all the time. It upsets Lottie when he cuts his nails!!!!! She can hardly bear to watch but pears round to look properly anyway and then pulls his arm and say's 'daddy noooo'!

paolosgirl Sun 20-Feb-05 21:05:26

I use the clippers to cut his hair, and then I trim his ear hair

jessicasmummy Sun 20-Feb-05 21:05:50

i pluck the stray hairs off dh's back and shave the back of his neck for him!!!

Titania Sun 20-Feb-05 21:15:04

I cut his toenails and his fingernails all the time. I shave his hair. I clean his ears and if he's got one hanging I get a tissue and pick it out his nose for him Have given him a pedicure before as well.

merrygoround Sun 20-Feb-05 21:15:42

thank god I am not alone. Feel loads better already!!!

Cod Sun 20-Feb-05 21:18:40

Message withdrawn

Cod Sun 20-Feb-05 21:18:59

Message withdrawn

essbee Sun 20-Feb-05 21:20:28

Message withdrawn

pepsi Sun 20-Feb-05 21:21:36

My hubby doesnt ask for my assistannce with annything other than cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing, food shopping, etc, etc. However I had to insert a suppository for an ex-boyfriend. No wonder he became Ex!

Fran1 Sun 20-Feb-05 21:23:09

Occasionally shave his head and neck, thats about as far as i go!

No nose picking or toenail clipping here - he does enough of that himself!!

moondog Sun 20-Feb-05 21:26:32

Pepsi, why couldn't he do it himself!!?

maisystar Sun 20-Feb-05 21:26:34

exactly what i was thinkin essbee

pepsi Sun 20-Feb-05 21:36:31

Because he was a complete baby, he couldnt cope with being ill. Even when he was sick (alcohol induced)I would have to go to the loo with him and hold his hand...honest. Ironically he was a real bully and used to hit me.

munnzieb Sun 20-Feb-05 21:38:03

lol, I pluck DH's bod/neck also shave his head as well. (he has to vac it all up thou!)

WideWebWitch Sun 20-Feb-05 21:38:08

Eeeewww at all of this! If dp does any of it he does it himself and in private. Thank goodness.

moondog Sun 20-Feb-05 21:48:42

Pepsi..sounds like a horrid man. Glad he's now your ex.

lulupop Mon 21-Feb-05 07:33:08

dh cuts my toenails for me, and the kids'. I never ask him, he just does it while we watch tv. He is fixated with cutting nails.

Mind you, my feet are like pretty little Cinderella feet - I wouldn't want to get too close to his!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now