Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I swear i'm going to kill him.

(16 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 18:01:09

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 18:08:13

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 18:36:19

Message withdrawn

Lauriefairycake Mon 01-Sep-08 18:38:53

lots of sympathy

but I aint holding the shovel..... grin

don't entertain discussion about what you did or did not do, just look at him, smile and say "Thank-you, I have had a lovely day, hope you have to".

Say it a lot and nothing else. He will soon get hint.

limecrush Mon 01-Sep-08 18:39:12

I will Hedge. Sounds foul.

How much longer can you put up with it tbh?

forevercleaning Mon 01-Sep-08 18:42:24

Oodles of sympathy from over here. what a wanker, proceed immeidately to the bathroom and clean the toilet with his toothbrush, followed by a dash of chilli in his underpants!

Dior Mon 01-Sep-08 18:42:43

Message withdrawn

Moomin Mon 01-Sep-08 18:43:54

How do you usually respond when he spouts this nonsense?

TheHedgeWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 18:45:19

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 18:47:31

Message withdrawn

limecrush Mon 01-Sep-08 18:49:37

Good that he apologised Hedge, but like you I'd still be fuming. Especially if you know it could well happen again soon!

Moomin Mon 01-Sep-08 18:56:53

He needs a few days in a row running the house to his exacting standards whilst looking after your ds at the same time whilst you have a few days of peace. He'll soon shut up.

LoveMyGirls Mon 01-Sep-08 18:59:42

I'd bugger off out for a weekend leaving him with ds1 and see how much and how well it's been done making sure he'd also spent some time with ds.

TheHedgeWitch Mon 01-Sep-08 19:10:33

Message withdrawn

Portofino Mon 01-Sep-08 19:14:56

LOL THW - this is exactly what my DH would do. He comes home occasionally in a bad mood and starts cleaning things and muttering a lot. It used to make me feel awful, like I was slacking in some way, but I work full time too and do lots more round the house - I just ignore him now and wait til he's calmed down...

susia Tue 02-Sep-08 00:11:06

Isn't this how women usually behave though?! Most friends of mine always complain about how their partner does things e.g. leaves the house in a mess when they are looking after the kids, not drying up, multi-tasking etc.

I'm a single parent so don't have this issue but have thought that it must be really annoying/insulting to always be told what to do/how to do it by your partner.

Yours is the same situation in reverse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now