Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I would really like a new relationship but am scared...

(2 Posts)
MrsSnorty Mon 01-Sep-08 10:56:36

I have been single since splitting with DS's dad 18 months ago. XP was abusive and violent on occasion so it's taken a while to get back on my feet. He doesn't have DS overnight at all yet so my opportunities to get out and socialize have been limited.
I am really lonely and would desperately like to meet someone new. I am studying, which is great, but most of the people I meet through that are twenty years younger than I am!
This weekend I did have chance to go out and went to a party. There was a nice, normal seeming guy there that I began chatting to. And then I left!! Have been asking myself why ever since. I really thought I was 'ready' to move on but at the slightest opportunity I wimp out. Think I am terrified of making another huge mistake and don't know how to start taking risks/trusting again. Any suggestions?

BobDowne Mon 01-Sep-08 15:22:05

Hi Mrs Snorty, didn't want this to go unanswered! I'm in a similar position myself, don't really trust my judgement of men anymore as i always seem to pick the weirdos. So can't offer much advice i'm afraid - Maybe it's best to take small steps. Try to keep it on a friendly basis until feeling more confident and relaxed about new relationships.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now