Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A man who buys a vibrator for valentines day

(67 Posts)
miamisunrise Sat 30-Aug-08 10:47:59

What would you think if your partner (not living together) bought you a vibrator for valentines day? (expensive rabbit type).

I'm not a prude but I thought this was a bit, "off", "childish", "thoughtless",
"embarrassing" etc

It was even worse when I found texts on his phone asking his mate how his girlfriend had reacted with hers and saying that I "loved it" etc hmm

So am I a miserable old prude or do I have a point?

cornsilk Sat 30-Aug-08 10:48:48

he is an idiot

miamisunrise Sat 30-Aug-08 10:50:59

I think what pissed me off the most is the thought of two blokes in anne summers discussing our private lives and giggling around the sex toys like a couple of school kids.

lulumama Sat 30-Aug-08 10:51:03

would be a lot crosser he had discussed it and your reaction with a friend.

ThatBigGermanPrison Sat 30-Aug-08 10:54:30

I would obtain his friend's number and text him with the information that you are indeed thrilled, as it will be the first orgasm your bf's ever given you.

miamisunrise Sat 30-Aug-08 10:58:28

pmsl germanprison!

I thought I was maybe being a grump but if I'm honest, it really did annoy me.

BalloonSlayer Sat 30-Aug-08 11:01:49

wouldn't mind if DH bought me one grin but discussing it with his mate, ewwwww

Freckle Sat 30-Aug-08 11:21:44

Hmm. Bless the pair of them. They have obviously discussed what to buy their respective girlfriends and are interested in the recipients' reactions. A lot of men wouldn't be that thoughtful. And I bet you girls discuss intimate things with each other, so why shouldn't men??

More to the point, why were you looking at texts on his phone??

missingtheaction Sat 30-Aug-08 11:25:04

i had a partner once who thought it was funny to slip a vibrator into my cabin luggage when I was going on business trips, in the hope it got picked up at security. hmm

spicemonster Sat 30-Aug-08 11:27:13

Valentine's day was six months ago. hmm

I think it's much more objectionable that you read his texts tbh.

Carmenere Sat 30-Aug-08 11:27:42

Is your dp 15?

peachsmuggler Sat 30-Aug-08 11:49:02

DP bought me one for a birthday present a few years ago. I thought it was great and a nice present. However, if I thought he was laughing about it with his mates, I'd be fuming!!!

solidgoldbrass Sat 30-Aug-08 11:50:18

Blimey, you're uptight. Or at least, you and he don't have the same attitude towards sex, so you're probably not that compatible.
I once got bught a strap on dildo for Valentines day, I thought this was great and told everyone.
An why were you snooping on his phone?

solidgoldbrass Sat 30-Aug-08 11:52:05

Mind you, anyone who says 'I'm not a prude, but...' invariably IS a prude, and a lemon-faced self-righteous one with it - it;s not enough that the prude doesn't want or like some particular act/item/joke, it's that the prude has to insist that anyone who does like whatever it is, is immature or wicked or mentally ill or something. Or so I have found.

MuthaHubbard Sat 30-Aug-08 12:16:07

agree with solidgoldbrass. he was obviously thinking of something that would be fun and you would enjoy. it's not a big deal.

belgo Sat 30-Aug-08 12:27:53

grin that this has been playing on your mind for six months! Haven't you used it yet? Is it still stuck on the top shelf of the cupboard?

MKG Sat 30-Aug-08 12:46:57

It's dumb because he's just given you a gift that makes him completely useless.

MuthaHubbard Sat 30-Aug-08 15:35:10

why does it make him useless?? you can use it with a partner or when your partner isn't there. and being with someone is not quite the same as doing it with a bit of plastic, but the plastic can help with 'relief'.

i think it's good that he was thinking of her pleasure, what's childish about that?

if it's not your cup of tea, exchange it for some nice underwear or some massage oils

zippitippitoes Sat 30-Aug-08 15:40:24

i think he sounds fun at least he bought you something

i sent my bf a roll tongue animal for valentines

have you used it?

GillianLovesMarmite Sat 30-Aug-08 15:59:59

I think as an idea it's a good present - fun etc and at least he got you a top of the range model!!, but I wouldn't be happy with him discussing with his mates....
Also - if Ann Summers doesn't so it for you - try getting him to get you something from here www.coco-de-mer.com/ (Adult content...)
I think the occasional naughty present is a good thing!

zippitippitoes Sat 30-Aug-08 16:00:55

well i would discuss my presents with friends tho?

or mn..smile

BalloonSlayer Sat 30-Aug-08 16:58:05

Zippitippitoes?

Just wondered.

Do they sell those in Ann Summers too?

It was the roll-tongue bit that got me thinking...

noddyholder Sat 30-Aug-08 17:07:49

i wouldn't be surprised and as long as i got a nice meal too i would think lucky me!

zippitippitoes Sat 30-Aug-08 17:25:01

roll tongue animal

no i used to sell them so i didnt even buy it lol

i aslo sent him a rose to his work

lou33 Sat 30-Aug-08 17:59:29

ooh i'd be v happy with a gift like that

my exbf bought me some toys for xmas (amongst other things), tho i was warned not to open them in front of the kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now