Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Annoying male habits, part one – really, how long can one man spend in a bathroom?

(12 Posts)
bananafish Mon 25-Aug-08 11:59:27

My OH can spend up to 20 mins or more in the bathroom. Doing what fgs? How can it take that long to do what needs to be done? I appreciate this is really none of my business and he should be able to spend weeks in there if he likes, but hand on heart, I find it so bloody irritating!

I suppose I'm just jealous as I have no hope of even 2 minutes in said bathroom, without small child demanding my immediate attention...grr..

scorpio1 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:59:58

lol

i say to dh that i have given birth quicker...

frisbyrat Mon 25-Aug-08 12:21:10

Mine likes to have a 40 minute bath every day. It makes me cross enough to bite a frozen turd.

Kally Mon 25-Aug-08 12:28:39

My ex used to have terrible haemorhoids (spelt wrong I bet). If he was in and out of the loo, it meant the day would be ok. If it took him ages then we would be tiptoeing round him all day.
This sounds mean and unfair but the thing is he had them so bad he should have had an operation, but he wouldn't (chicken) and almost used it to control the household...

A common phrase in our household was 'no, we can't do that today... Dads piles are out'...

Laughing here now as I write that, but at the time it was most depressing.

sarah293 Mon 25-Aug-08 12:29:54

Message withdrawn

WhereTheWildEelsWere Mon 25-Aug-08 12:32:35

Judging by other posts today, I think you just have to be grateful that he isn't smoking eels in there grin

WhereTheWildEelsWere Mon 25-Aug-08 12:33:17

Or maybe that's what's taking him so long grin

TheArmadillo Mon 25-Aug-08 12:35:49

this really annoys me - I know it shoudlnt' but it does.

He always does it at really inconvinient times as well <grr>

Like you say I can't imagine having the time to have that long in the toilet.

smittenkitten Mon 25-Aug-08 12:37:40

my FIL spend 1 hr 20 mins in the bathroom in the morning, regardless of circumstances. ie: regardless of whether or not there is a queue of other people waiting, and we need to be out of the house by a certain time, regardless of whether this means he won't see his grandson to say goodbye to him. It is a mystery what he gets up to, though he does always smell very nice.

Hollowhead Mon 25-Aug-08 12:50:36

I think they do it to show off. Attention seeking. It really annoys me.

snowleopard Mon 25-Aug-08 12:57:24

I have a male friend who not only always takes an hour in the shower, but decides to have a shower just before you go out. So you turn up at his house ready to go out for a drink or whatever, and he says "I'll just grab a quick shower!" - cue an hour of sitting around bored out of your mind in his scabby flat.

Having a baby and not getting out much have saved me from those days thank god...

And DP takes at least 20 minutes, but I've arranged it so that I go in first, then when he goes in I'm just taking DS out or to nursery.

Kally Mon 25-Aug-08 13:17:11

Outside of the loo, another one that used to annoy me was finding his toenail clippings in the ashtray.

Or cleaning/scratching his ears with any key available.

He's my EX by the way...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now