Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

So would you take revenge on the other woman if your DP/DH cheated on you?

(86 Posts)
LynetteScavo Sat 23-Aug-08 21:42:05

Tin of paint over her car?

Informing of her benifit fraud?

How far would you go?

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 23-Aug-08 21:43:20

Message withdrawn

ranting Sat 23-Aug-08 21:44:43

I'm not sure but if he was the physically nearest he might feel the full force of my wrath first.

expatinscotland Sat 23-Aug-08 21:44:43

I would take revenge on him.

In court.

Big style.

Her? She's a loser if she goes out with a married chap and she'll get what she has coming sooner or later.

MrsSnorty Sat 23-Aug-08 21:44:53

I would feel like it but probably wouldn't do it. (Revenge being a dish best served cold and all that). Think the DP/DH would be more deserving of an act of fury unless other woman was a friend/someone you trusted.

SquiffyHock Sat 23-Aug-08 21:45:16

Not unless she was my best friend and I felt like she had cheated on me too. If she's a stranger then I'm afraid all my venom would be directed at him.

Hope you're okay.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sat 23-Aug-08 21:45:24

probably not, I am more of a curl up in a tight ball and hide from the world kind of person

I envy the passion of people who do things like this though smile

hockeypuck Sat 23-Aug-08 21:45:40

I'd probably get revenge on both of them. DH by doing the same back to him and Other woman in some other way (nothing criminal though - too much hassle) you can get arrested for criminal damage for paint over car. But I reckon giving her name and number to all the double glazing comapanies in the area, signing her up to anything you get money for by referring someone (Next, Boden etc)

Petty I know, it's obvious it wouldn't make you feel better but you feel like you have to do something!

Shitehawk Sat 23-Aug-08 21:47:21

No. The kind of stupid bint who goes out with a married man would not be worth me expending my energy on.

I would want to take revenge on him big time though. He is the one with the wedding ring, he is the one in the relationship - he choses to stick it somewhere it shouldn't go, he pays the price.

LynetteScavo Sat 23-Aug-08 21:49:40

Oh I'm OK!

DH to tired to cheat on me LOL. One of my best friends has just been cheated on, but is rising above revenge. It just got me thinking, as I think I would make the other womans life hell.

KerryMum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:49:50

if it were a friend or relative

yes.

beansmum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:50:01

I punished the last guy who cheated on me by insisting that he took me out for drinks with the other woman, so I could meet her and not have to bump into her accidentally somewhere, Edinburgh isn't that big. He was soooooo scared all evening, I had an ok time actually. I wouldn't take revenge on the woman though.

LynetteScavo Sat 23-Aug-08 21:50:22

too tired. (like me)

Kally Sat 23-Aug-08 21:53:41

I beat the crap out of my x when I found out. He was laying there asleep after I'd been sitting in my car heartbroken and crying so the kids wouldn't see me so distraught. I came indoors when the lites went out knowing the kids would be asleep and so able to tackle the situation calmly. But he was asleep!!!! Snoring his head off in the land of bliss!!! Boy did he eat a knuckle sandwich whilst he slept. The thing is you don't realise how hard it is to hit someone who is totally oblivious, deep in sleep and unaware. I stood there for a good few minutes before I actually did it.
He woke up absolutely stunned, as to which I brought him down with another one. Thats what you call release. But I have never ever done anything as aggressive as that since and looking back I don't know how I did it as I am a quiet calm person usually. (Well he did hit below the belt morally)...

whatdayisit Sat 23-Aug-08 21:59:14

I don't get this revenge on the other woman thing. Its was him who cheated.

But I would be very tempted to inform, if she was a benefit cheat.

expatinscotland Sat 23-Aug-08 22:03:12

I have no problem grassing benefits cheats, though.

They make people who claim legitimately look bad and that pisses me off.

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 23-Aug-08 22:04:16

Message withdrawn

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sat 23-Aug-08 22:04:59

I dont think you gain anything from revenge. Yes, some small satisfaction but I guess it doesn't last long.

Getting on with your life and showing you have moved on is always a big kick for ex partners ime - my ex cheated on me, messed me around, but despised it when I got myself a new man (now my DH) and would come into pubs when we were there to stare at us.

I guess that dropping the new womans number in the phone boxes under "personal services" wouldn't stay on your mind too long though...

troubledfriend Sat 23-Aug-08 22:46:40

No. She was not the one who promised to be faithful to me.

Just like I would not think it ok for her husband to come round and beat up my husband.

VERY low class Neddy behaviour imo

Nor would I seek revenge on my husband. An explanation, yes.

umberella Sat 23-Aug-08 22:49:30

No - not because I didn't want her to suffer, but because what goes around generally comes around imo.

Plus, you shouldn't let yourself get too bitter about stuff.

Tiramissu Sat 23-Aug-08 22:58:27

As others have say HE is the one who cheated.
As for her no i wouldn't bother. Simply because she will get her revenge later anyway.

'Once a cheater, always a cheater', she ll do it to her too. And you will watch them arguing and splitting up and you ll have a good laugh smile

Tiramissu Sat 23-Aug-08 23:04:41

obviously i meant 'he ll do it to her too

QueenyEisGotTheBall Sat 23-Aug-08 23:12:06

i wouldnt do anything to the other woman unless she was someone i knew or was related to. i would consider the benefit cheating thing thoughsmile
i would however exact some embarrassing and possibly painful revenge on my DH if he ever dared to stray. i would expect nothing less if it were me straying and my DH wanted revengesmile
and also i would add a nice big fat divorce to the revenge list as cheating is a deal breaker in my book regardless of the specifics of the relationship (how long you have been together, how well you usually feel your marriage/relationship is going) although i suppose i would have to find myself in that situation to actually know what i would do with DH (this is what i did with the other relationships in which i was cheated onhmm)
xx ei xx

ginnny Sun 24-Aug-08 00:43:11

Five years ago my ex left me for another woman. I didn't do or say anything to her, just walked away and left them to it. Now he's doing the dirty on her and confiding in me about it.
I'm enjoying my revenge now - thinking that now the boot is on the other foot and she is now feeling what she put me through.
And most importantly, I still have my dignity intact. whereas she turned out to be a complete nutter.

electra Sun 24-Aug-08 00:44:38

Absolutely not - I would see it as his fault, not hers actually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now