Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH is being a fucking arse.

(64 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Fri 22-Aug-08 08:30:55

I have some money in my dresser drawer. A few pounds that I have been given towards a pedicure I am arranging for my best friend's baby shower.

I have put the money in my drawer so I dont spend it.

DH saw it there, as DD left the drawer open while playing with it, and this morning he asked why it was there. I told him, he took it.

No asking. Just took it. I asked why he was taking it, he said why not? I said fine just take it, grumpy like.

Then I said are you not going to even say thanks? And can you not take it all, and he said again, why not?

I said it was not his to take and he has not even said thanks, did not ask to borrow it, no thanks, nothing. Even when I said it, there was no sorry, thanks. He said. 'i did'.

So, when I said it was rude. He said 'life is a bit unfair sometimes isnt it?'

He is being really obnoxious lately hmm.

bumbling Fri 22-Aug-08 08:33:07

Got to be honest that would really, really piss me off. What about changing the locks before he comes back home?! Cheeky bugger.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 22-Aug-08 08:33:18

Sorry, but why did you let him take it? No point quizzing him about the whys and wherefores, he shouldn't have taken it. Full stop. So why did you let him? Shouldn't have built up into a silly argument!

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 22-Aug-08 08:33:40

Oh, and find a better hiding place next time!

4andnotout Fri 22-Aug-08 08:34:39

Oh he sounds a right twunt! I wouldn't go out of the way to wash or cook for him and if he wants to know why i'd point out as he says "life is a bit unfair sometimes!" wink

lilymolly Fri 22-Aug-08 08:35:21

why did you let him take it?

FioFio Fri 22-Aug-08 08:35:31

Message withdrawn

FioFio Fri 22-Aug-08 08:36:04

Message withdrawn

RubySlippers Fri 22-Aug-08 08:36:15

why didn't you tell him what you were saving it for?!

Lazarou Fri 22-Aug-08 08:36:48

Kick him hard in the bollocks then push him down the stairs. Then take your money back while he is rolling around in agony.
Oh, and don't foget to stand on his head with your high heels as you leave the house.
Yep, that should do it.

PavlovtheCat Fri 22-Aug-08 08:37:13

becauseimworthit - not sure how I could have stopped him? He was at the other end of the room.
Of course there was more in the conversation that I posted, I did not post every word said.

The problem is, his debit card chip came out and he has no way to access his money today. His fault for not ordering a new card before now. And I need my card, he needs to get stuff on way to work.

So, in reality, I probably would have lent it to him. If he had explained and asked.

I think he is just behaving like a twat for some reason. He reminds me of a child who stares right into your eyes doing something they know you wont approve of, daring you to challenge them.

Oh god, what is going on? If I made much more of a deal about it, I would be told to lighten up, or be called a misery blah blah blah.

tiredemma Fri 22-Aug-08 08:37:44

clean the toilet with his toothbrush. arsehole.

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 22-Aug-08 08:38:51

Sounds like you need to step away from this - there's obviously a bit more going on. Are you sure that you handled this in a grown up way? If you knew he needed money wouldn't it have been better to offer to lend it to him?

Sounds like there's a bit more going on here!

PavlovtheCat Fri 22-Aug-08 08:39:17

oh great. He has just come over to give me a kiss and he has seem the thread.

'you slagging me off on mn? Oh thats just lovely, keep your fucking money' and has walked off.

Oh dear.

StellaWasADiver Fri 22-Aug-08 08:39:46

Why didn't you say "that's for so-and-so's pedicure"?

Stopping him doesn't mean launching yourself at him combat-style, just telling him that a) it's not yours and b) what it's for...

FioFio Fri 22-Aug-08 08:39:59

Message withdrawn

StellaWasADiver Fri 22-Aug-08 08:40:15

PavlovtheCat Fri 22-Aug-08 08:41:08

Well, maybe I am an idiot. But it appears I cant talk to anyone when I am upset.

So, shoot me.

lilymolly Fri 22-Aug-08 08:41:47

Got to be more to this surely?

He was at the other end of the room so you could not have stopped him hmm

Eh how about "please dont take that money its for x y and z"

DH "oh I need some money as cash card is broken"

You "Oh ok as long as you give me it back"

DH "yes sure"

thats how adults work surely?

FioFio Fri 22-Aug-08 08:42:34

Message withdrawn

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 22-Aug-08 08:42:40

It doesn't sound very grown up though, does it? A silly row over some money, and then you come on here and do slag him off.

He doesn't have a card. You know that. He needs money to get to work. You know that. You have some money that you could have offered to lend him. Why didn't you?

Instead it has blown up into a silly argument, made worse by posting here!

(I'm not trying to have a go at you, although I realise it must sound like that, just pointing out that this was a needless argument that's left you both feeling out of sorts!)

StellaWasADiver Fri 22-Aug-08 08:42:55

Pavlov there has to be more to this, why were you upset in the first place?

bumbling Fri 22-Aug-08 08:43:11

TiredMuma and Lazarou - Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Will save both of those for next time DP trangresses. He really loves his toothbrush.

bumbling Fri 22-Aug-08 08:45:24

Sorry Pavlov missed that he'd seen the thread. Given it's already happened a bit I'd print it out for him when he comes back home tonight so he can see what MN thinks of him. Maybe then he'll see what a rude ARSE he is.

PavlovtheCat Fri 22-Aug-08 08:46:05

I did not know he wanted it the money until he took it. I did not know he was not going to walk in to work but get a bus until he said so. I would have met him for lunch so he did not need money for food.

It was not his money. It was not my money to take.

I apologised, and he said forget it. He is upset, and did not read the posts.

I best just accept, that I cant actually say anything, to anyone.

And yes, there is more going on, just dont know what. He would usually have just said, 'whats that moneu for, can i borrow it?' would have been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now