Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Shit, talk about karma

(15 Posts)
Lauren80 Wed 20-Aug-08 13:38:46

I have just been for my first eye test in 10 years blush turns out I need to wear glasses. I have however, been ripping the piss out of DH for wearing his glasses since he got them 4 months ago (in a fun way, not a mean way).

So now I really don't want him to know, he's the type that will go on and on and on about it until it gets boring and annoying.

I only need them for reading and computer. Should I just tell him and get it out of the way or not mention it and just casually start wearing them when I'm reading etc?

Shitehawk Wed 20-Aug-08 13:41:53

Tell him, let him rip the piss out of you in return, then both have a laugh about it together.

Can't see the problem really ... as long as you are prepared to take a ribbing as well as give one.

LoveMyGirls Wed 20-Aug-08 13:42:25

Why did you feel the need to take the piss? Especially out of someone you are in love with? I think this is what you need to address not wether you need to tell him or just start wearing them. I know you said you were only doing it as a bit of fun, but fun for who? Maybe your dh feels insecure when he wears his glasses now?

I think the way to move forward on this is to apologise to your dh and then tell him you now need glasses too.

(I don't wear glasses btw but would never take the mick out of someone for doing something that improves their health)

Shitehawk Wed 20-Aug-08 13:51:02

Do you never tease your dh, LMG? Lots of people do without it, it doesn't necessarily mean that there is an issue which needs addressing.

I assumed from the OP that it was done in a light-hearted way and received as such by her dh, in which case it's a bit of fun and nothing to make a huge song and dance about. Unless it's something which you do knowing it upsets him, Lauren, and are worried that he will be relentless in his retaliation?

SoupDragon Wed 20-Aug-08 13:51:33

Serves you right!

Shitehawk Wed 20-Aug-08 13:52:16

That should have read "lots of people do without it being a problem". Half asleep today!

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 13:53:11

well definitely what goes around comes around then

unavailable Wed 20-Aug-08 13:53:28

Agree with Shitehawk. Gosh, LMG, would I be the first to suggest you can come across as somewhat sanctimonious and humourless? Give the OP a break.

zippitippitoes Wed 20-Aug-08 13:54:17

grin was supposed to be on that

actually there are really nice glasses around now i think some people get them just for fashion accessories

cheesesarnie Wed 20-Aug-08 13:55:07

i agree serves you rightgrin

Lazarou Wed 20-Aug-08 13:55:08

Dh prefers me in my glasses. I prefer contact lenses, so much easier and they don't fall out.

LoveMyGirls Wed 20-Aug-08 13:55:25

Sorry I'm a bit run down and stressed lately i think i may have lost my sense of humor, whoops.

unavailable Wed 20-Aug-08 14:12:21

Sorry to hear that LMG, and I'm sorry I had a dig.

TheProvincialLady Wed 20-Aug-08 14:15:20

How is it that you are just having a laugh when you go on about his new glasses for FOUR MONTHS whereas he is the type to go on about it if you get glasses? Seems to me that either you both enjoy this kind of banter or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

TheCrackFox Wed 20-Aug-08 14:52:06

Well, I am a specky four eyes but normally wear contacts. My DH used to show off about his 20/20 vision like it was some kind of achievement. So I took the piss out of him big styel when he got glasses. I got bored of it after a week and now it is never mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now