Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Don't want more children dh won't have snip - yet

(4 Posts)
2luvlyboys Tue 19-Aug-08 21:42:29

DH wants to wait in case I change my mind I won't! Children are aged 9 months and 2.11. I worry sick incase i get pregnant again!

glamourbadger Tue 19-Aug-08 21:50:17

I'm in exactly the same situation. I have two toddlers and am constantly worried about falling pregnant again. I definitely don't want any more children, would dread going through the baby bit again, the financial implications, etc.

It's a funny situation isn't it? I guess you have to consider the future and the fact you never know what might happen - imagine if the worst happened and you lost your partner and eventually remarried, or lost a child? After all five years ago I would have laughed at anyone who suggested I might have children and now I am a very happy mum of two!

2rebecca Tue 19-Aug-08 23:06:44

If you don't want children why not get a MIRENA or have a sterilisation yourself. With the divorce rate as it is I don't blame blokes for not having vasectomies, plus alot of men get chronic pain afterwards.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 20-Aug-08 08:57:17

It is his bits after all...it should be a joint responsibilioty but I don't think I'd like to be permanently sterilised until I was past childbearing age. Take the initiative and get the coil. The mirena coil is as effective as sterilisation and lasts 5 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now