Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Radio 4 prog- Do good people have affairs?

(9 Posts)
girlnextdoor Sat 16-Aug-08 17:01:02

Woman's Hour- you can listen again, and there is also a follow-up discussion on the Weekend Woman's Hour prog, today ( you will need to listen again).

expatinscotland Sat 16-Aug-08 17:10:05

yes, they do. there are all kinds of reasons why people have affairs.

good people engage in all kinds of behaviours which aren't good.

stirlingmum Sat 16-Aug-08 18:33:12

I would have thought that people aren't usually totally good or totally bad. Good people can do bad things and vice versa...

girlnextdoor Sat 16-Aug-08 20:35:53

well,that was the point of the programme- do listen.

twinsetandpearls Sat 16-Aug-08 20:49:45

Yes I would like to think I am a good person but have had affairs in the past.

MindingMum Sat 16-Aug-08 20:56:59

Wish I would have known about this as I would have been interested.

It always interests me when someone comes on Mumsnet, mentions they have had an affair and immediately gets shot down in flames.

We are all human with needs and the capability of doing right and wrong

girlnextdoor Sat 16-Aug-08 21:08:24

mindingmum you can Listen AGain- just go to BBC Radio 4 on the web and look for Woman's Hour - it is listed as a highlight or something, and then it was discussed again today- that is Weekend Woman's Hour. !

lizinthesticks Sat 16-Aug-08 21:16:12

I'm a bad person but haven't had any affairs.

frisbyrat Sun 17-Aug-08 00:27:39

Yes, of course a good person can do a bad thing. But having an affair means doing a bad thing again and again and again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now