Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do I throw a party or keep it low key?

(9 Posts)
Tasteofparadise Fri 15-Aug-08 14:16:15

My husband gets out of prison tomorow. I have been planning to throw a little party but now am having second thoughts. Would he want to keep it low key? if I don't, will he think I don't care?

psychomum5 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:19:03

hmm....not sure I would want to celebrate being in prison, or getting out, TBH.

CountessDracula Fri 15-Aug-08 14:19:31

can't you ask him?

CountessDracula Fri 15-Aug-08 14:20:48

(assuming you can contact him of course)

Tasteofparadise Fri 15-Aug-08 14:21:15

It was more of a suprise party, I did ask last week if he wanted anything special doing for when he came home and he just said he was glad to be coming home so wasn't bothered either way. I didn't know whether to take that as a "yes, do something but don't tell me!" or "please don't!".

CountessDracula Fri 15-Aug-08 14:23:06

that sounds like a yes to me!

psychomum5 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:23:26

if you feel the need, do somehting for just the two of you.

seriously, I would think he would just be glad to be with you!!!

VictorianSqualor Fri 15-Aug-08 14:24:39

No, Don't.
It's daunting coming out of prison, even more so if you're thrown into a surprise party.

BaDaBing Fri 15-Aug-08 14:24:46

If you haven't seen him for a while he may prefer a quiet night with a tasty home cooked meal and an early night. I know this is what my dp dreams of when he has been working away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now