Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

relate [hmm]

(2 Posts)
mylifeisamess Thu 14-Aug-08 23:02:25

Posted couple of weeks ago about husbands other woman. I went to relate today quite useful. Hub is willing to come along. Thing is what we want is currently different - i want to make a go of our marriage he wants to ride off into the sunset with his new woman (who has not left her husband and currently does not want to just wants to see what happens) is there any point in going together? I can see the value for me to move myself to a happier place ready for the future but this is an enforced change not a desired one. I am worried if we go together he will feel as if he is trying to be persuaded from his current dreams. I hope that if we drift along then maybe they will work out for themselves that this is not the best future and we can then look together at all the issues. Am I being naive? Should I be looking to the future already or just keep ticking along?

Thoughts appreciated

PS he is talking more realistically about what separation would entail he would have boys during week I'd have weekends. I might stay in this house and buy/ rent somewhere for him. A novel and possible short term solution was to rent a one bed place for us to move between me in during week him in at weekend.

stirlingmum Thu 14-Aug-08 23:08:20

Sound like he has made his mind up sad

It might be helpful for you to get some answers/closure, for him to be at the first few sessions. Then, if he is still of the mind to separate, you keep going on your own.

I am so sorry if this isn't what you want. I am sort of in the same position. My h is still with me but does little to hide the fact that ow is the one he wants to be with.

We are hopefully returning to counselling next week - we shall see what that brings.

Hope things turn out well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now