Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Recently found out my DH is having an affair with our aupair...devestated!

(13 Posts)
MaamiMoo Wed 13-Aug-08 20:29:13

I'm a regular, just namechanged. I cannot believe it. I thought it was my mind going crazy but after all the tell tale signs and a neighbour who is also a good friend of mine saw them kissing through the window whilst I was at my part time job one day. I confronted him and he admitted it. I have thrown them both out and I heard she doesn't have anywhere to stay because she is from abroad and doesn't know anyone around here and we're very rural. He has gone to his brothers. I'm trying to be strong for my two DS's age 4 and 7 but i'm crumbling.

tiredlady Wed 13-Aug-08 20:31:18

Oh shit. That's awful. You poor thing.

Have you got any friends /family who could come round and be a shoulder?

RUMPEL Wed 13-Aug-08 20:31:49

xxxx hugs

betterhalf Wed 13-Aug-08 20:32:42

Same thing happened to my sister some time ago. Hugs to you. I hope you have family/ friends to lean on.

megcleary Wed 13-Aug-08 20:33:48

well ake care of yerselves and keep up the strong front for the children

Pip51 Wed 13-Aug-08 20:47:57

This is awful for you. Do try and talk to a friend or family you need support.

ladylush Wed 13-Aug-08 21:23:17

Same thing happened to my friend and he got her pregnant. Bastard. The au pair was only 17 and from a small town in an Eastern European county. She was stupid but vulnerable. He set out to seduce her. She thought he loved her. So sorry to hear you are going through this sad

poshtottie Wed 13-Aug-08 21:23:18

How awful for you, what a bloody shock. Do you think you can work things out? Hopefully she will go home. What a silly man.

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Wed 13-Aug-08 21:24:31

god i do feel for you. this is horrid.
stay strong

LynetteScavo Wed 13-Aug-08 21:29:26

How awful.

So where is sthe au pair if she has nowhere to go (you almost sound concerned for her hmm) Hopefully she'll be on the next plane back home.

Hope you and your DH can work through this.

Kally Wed 13-Aug-08 21:43:03

Shocked to see so many posters on here with similar stories. Oh boy... it's like a virus. Good you threw them both out and I bet your stupid partner/hubby regrets it. So sorry for you. Maybe it hasn't gone that far? Perhaps its just a kiss/cuddle thing at a moment of weakness? Altho that in itself is horrible as well.

Vian Wed 13-Aug-08 23:17:35

God that is terrible. Let the little witch be homeless for awhile. It will be a good life lesson for her and hopefully she will never be so stupid ever again.

StealthPolarBear Thu 14-Aug-08 08:32:34

How are you doing today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now