Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am engaged in a campaign of competitive laziness atm. Please offer support as

(11 Posts)
OrmIrian Mon 11-Aug-08 20:47:43

DH is huffing at me, looking daggers, and getting DS#2 ready for bed in a threatening manner. Ooh I'm scared hmm

Got a new Mp3 player as my last cheapo one broke. A bit extravagant I know but I need ir for running and cheaper than a night on the p*ss (ahem DH!). So I am carrying out the laborious process of transferring all my music. I have so far, burnt dinner (a leetle bit only) and failed to go to wipe DS#2's bum when he yelled for me so DH had to go shock. DH is taking it out on DS#1 in small and grouchy ways - DS#1 just looks at me and raises his eyebrows. But am beginning to feel the first burgeonings of guilt. Help me stay strong please!

BTW - DH sat solidly in his chair yesterday from about 4pm until dinner was ready - stirring only one to take out the recycl ing which I had already sorted. He huffed once. So I am justified. My resolve is weakening....

stirlingmum Mon 11-Aug-08 20:50:28

No, stick at it!

Let him do the bedtime routine - I am letting my h do it all tonight whilst I am here!

OrmIrian Mon 11-Aug-08 20:53:41

Thanks stirlingmum!

He is now watching Bill Bryson with a face like a smacked ar*e. He doesn't really do bedtimes.

stirlingmum Mon 11-Aug-08 20:55:11

Aaaah, poor thing!

I hope you have put one of those poof things under his tired feet grin

fuzzywuzzy Mon 11-Aug-08 20:57:35

dont look in his direction, plug yourself into your mp3 player (can you do that whilst downloading tunes simultaneously??

Ask him if he'd like a cup of tea if he says yes tell him to make you one toohmm

OrmIrian Mon 11-Aug-08 21:00:57

Hmm...fuzzy. That would be deliberate provocation. We could then launch into the whole 'who's had a harder day' discussion added to 'who's job is harder' debate. Not good. At the moment we are just at the hard stare, narrowed eyes, fingering the handle of the gun stage.

Swedes Mon 11-Aug-08 21:05:29

Don't make eye contact.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 11-Aug-08 21:15:34

okaaay I agree sorry I was being deliberately incendiary, sorry. Yes avoid eye contact.

I should imagine you both do loads of work and with children i nthe equation it never ends, (I should know I've just now yelled to my girls 'dont make me come up there I dont care who has done what to whom you are both to go to bed and sleep till tomorrow morning....'blush)

OrmIrian Tue 12-Aug-08 12:47:45

In the end I offered to make a cuppa. So put the kettle on and then forgot. Ten mins later he stalked out to the kitchen 'did you make that tea then?'. V cross. But asked me what was the matter grin

harpomarx Tue 12-Aug-08 12:50:29

ah, OrmIrian - I have just nominated your wild rats crapping for quote of the week wink

OrmIrian Tue 12-Aug-08 12:55:43

Wow!

That'll be a first grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now