Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dh finds my tracksuit bottoms unattractive

(29 Posts)
redbamboo82 Mon 11-Aug-08 06:26:10

There was a thread about "house clothes" the other day in style and beauty. I have a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms which I sometimes change into after work. Admittedly they aren't the sexiest garments (they are even a bit paint spattered) but they are comfy. When I suggested sex the other night to dh hae said no because the aformentioned garments put him off shock. I thought he should fancy me inspite of such superficial matters? AIBU?

stoppinattwo Mon 11-Aug-08 06:34:21

what were that words of the Lisa Stansfield song

"Yes I looks a mess, but I dont love you any less, I thought you always thought enough of me, to always be impressed"

Get your Grey pants on, you dont have to be gorgeous 24/7 grin.

I wouldnt resort to the stupid "well I dont like you in those trousers either" type of thing as that just gets silly.

I think his comments were thoughtless but that is all they were comments, I would just wear what you want to, you are in your own home being comfortable. Maybe get some new equally comfortable tracksuit bottoms, but do it for you not him............Or get yourself a really HOT oufit, and when he tries to initiate anything well I will leave that up to you what your decision would be grinwink

claudiaschiffer Mon 11-Aug-08 06:40:55

Hee hee, I must say the sight of my dh in his scummy trackie bottoms doesn't really get me 'in the mood'. So, sorry to say YABU.

Put a nice ribbon in your hair and a bit of lippy on dear. Then see that glint in his eye return smile.

olympicsnotfederer Mon 11-Aug-08 10:37:42

lol @ ribbon

Pruners Mon 11-Aug-08 10:41:41

Message withdrawn

Overmydeadbody Mon 11-Aug-08 10:41:54

He's right though, tracky bums are hideously unflattering, I would only wear them when you're alone in the house or actually painting or doing other grubby work.

Overmydeadbody Mon 11-Aug-08 10:42:41

Next time you're going to suggest sex, just strip off and proposition him naked. He won't say no then.

branflake81 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:43:01

Ha - are you me?! I also have very similar clothes which DP refers to (sarastically) as "sexy grey trousers". I do look horrendous but I don't really care.

melrose Mon 11-Aug-08 10:43:10

He's right! Treat yourself to a new pair of slightly more flattering ones.

ThatBigGermanPrison Mon 11-Aug-08 10:44:12

That sounds as bad as my contraceptive knickers.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:45:00

Message withdrawn

taliac Mon 11-Aug-08 10:45:42

If your grey trackies are anything like mine then YABU.

Least flattering garment known to humankind. They'd put anybody off.

Sometimes its just what you need though!

Anna8888 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:45:57

YABU.

Find some clothes that are comfortable but attractive.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:46:21

Message withdrawn

Anna8888 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:48:23

Cod - if you live with someone, you do actually have to take account of their feelings to make it work smile

pointydog Mon 11-Aug-08 10:49:41

lol @ op. He could well fancy you, he just doesn't fancy the trackies. Wear some silky knicks under the joggers and give him a flash.

FluffyMummy123 Mon 11-Aug-08 10:50:24

Message withdrawn

CountessDracula Mon 11-Aug-08 10:52:19

oh dh wears blardy trackie bottoms at home a lot
I HATE them

But they don't stop me fancying him!

As long as he doesn't wear them other than for slobbing out or dogwalking I am just about ok with them

angry

Clearly I would rather he lounged around in something a bit less vile but it is his life!

taliac Mon 11-Aug-08 10:52:32

Actually yes thats true. Theres a difference between someone sighing over your trackies and someone criticising every last thing you do.

As long as its the former you're fine.

cocolepew Mon 11-Aug-08 10:52:36

Tell him you'll take them off when you're actually having sex.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 11-Aug-08 10:57:47

lol cocolepew

fishie Mon 11-Aug-08 10:59:47

it is a far bigger crime to describe them as trackie bums <prim face>

pointydog Mon 11-Aug-08 11:00:40

Wear silky knicks on top of your trackies

FluffyMummy123 Mon 11-Aug-08 11:12:35

Message withdrawn

WheresTheAuPair Mon 11-Aug-08 11:16:08

Hmm treat yourself to new ones then-if its just that one pair of trackies that gets that reaction from him then maybe he's got a point. I have to confess to 'losing' DH's hideous/ancient/saggy/ horrid rugby top that was in colours that made me feel sick when he had it on. Normally i'd jump him at any opportunity but there was NO WAY i'd even think those thoughts when he was wearing that top. <shudders at memory> Rational eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now