Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

They treat me like a joke

(6 Posts)
Moshi Sun 10-Aug-08 15:50:09

So I got in from work at 2pm (from 6am this morning) and the front door stuck and wouldn't open. I was standing there for 5 or 10 minutes trying to open it. When I eventually got in my 2 kids (1 teens, one 9) and DH were all sat on the sofa watching TV and had heard me trying to get in and not one had got up to help me.

Am I entitled to be just a tiny bit pissed off??

maidamess Sun 10-Aug-08 15:52:00

Yes you are. So there. My lot do this too. I'm standing there like an idiot, elbowing the door and bellowing. And they are all watching Cbeebies. They have the same ideas on answering the phone. As in, they don't do it.

captainmummy Sun 10-Aug-08 15:54:04

I would suggest that if they don't help you, then the TV gets unplugged while you shout at them for 5-10 minutes. or longer. No excuse for it.

tigermoth Sun 10-Aug-08 16:27:14

Your couch potatoes need a good roasting - you are right to feel cross.

Get your own back. Say you have developed a bad headache and need to rest. Go to bed with a magazine and let them sort out supper tonight.

Chandra Sun 10-Aug-08 16:30:10

Togetmoth's suggestion is a very sensible one.

TheProvincialLady Sun 10-Aug-08 16:45:37

I second tigermoth and actually, I would have a big problem with this behaviour, especially from your DH. How incredibly selfish. But both your children are old enough to have some empathy. I don't think I could let it lie. There would be serious words in my house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now