Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

and the good news is...

(12 Posts)
Monkeytrousers Wed 06-Aug-08 14:37:43

DP has finally agreed to move out. Has found a place. After years of trying, we are calling it quits.

..and I split my eye open on the car door. I nearly cried then

stirlingmum Wed 06-Aug-08 15:11:44

I take it you are happy with this?

If so, then good luck for the future smile

expatinscotland Wed 06-Aug-08 15:12:50

You split your eye?!

OOoooowwww!

Well, at least it will be easier if he moves than you and your son.

Monkeytrousers Wed 06-Aug-08 17:20:25

don't think happy is the rigght word

weary is better. wasted even more so

motherinferior Wed 06-Aug-08 17:21:39

Darling, you've really tried to make this one function, let alone 'work'. Good call now.

V sorry about the eye!
xxxx

singyswife Wed 06-Aug-08 17:22:47

Sorry about the eye but hope this decision lets you move on now.

Carmenere Wed 06-Aug-08 17:27:36

I wish you well MT, you have done your damnedest, no one could ask more. Sympathy for the eye. xxx

MuthaHubbard Wed 06-Aug-08 18:06:21

Owww, eye sad

And sad re split - the hardest and most distressing part can be just admitting that it's over. As long as you feel you've done everything to try and get things back prior to this, then I am sure you've done the right thing xxx

Monkeytrousers Wed 06-Aug-08 20:50:34

Thanks all. Especially you Exdpat and MI; you have been with me as I;ve gone back and forth with this and it's been dull for me so thanks for sticking with it.

I am by turns relieved and hopeful for the future, then shit scared and wanting to backtrack. You just have to ride it, I know, and eventually the fear goes..I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

I look at him and remember how it was when it was good and wish we could find ourselves back to that but I know that it's impossible. The positives never win out against the negatives in the long run. we've both disappointed each other in ways and have been by turns unable or unwilling to learn from the mistakes - our timing always off exept for the odd month or so, but I know you can end up wasting a lifetime depending on those little interludes, and what your left with is mostly miserable relationship. A new start will be the best for both of us.

He is moving about 30 miles away and that makes me sad for DS, but we'll get over that. I have a lot of friends here and his family are really supportive also. Good things are starting to happen with my work (I have a tentative interest from The Philosophers Magazine in one of my pieces!) so I have positive things to focus on and work to do - good professional feedback is a great help!

It's just such a shame that while everything else in my life is beginning to thrive this is dead and dying - but maybe theres a connection there, I dunno. Maybe that's given me the strength to say enough is enough. Sorry for the ramble anyway..

Monkeytrousers Wed 06-Aug-08 20:51:18

It was my eyelid, not my eye. That does sound really bad, sorry!

expatinscotland Wed 06-Aug-08 20:54:02

it's going to be a long road, MT, but you knew that.

you tried it all. it's not like you're just bailing out.

and none of us ever knows how the story will end.

Califrau Wed 06-Aug-08 21:07:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now