Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

wedding anniversary today - should we go out for lunch (en famille) or should I work?

(5 Posts)
hatwoman Tue 05-Aug-08 10:55:32

really torn...it's 13 years today. we are very lovely to each other but not into romantic gestures (no cards or pressies - mutual) we're both a bit under the kosh workwise at the moment - we're both freelance and have no childcare so it's constant juggling of each other's work demands and the kids. dh is having the kids for the day and doesn't mind if I work all day. but I hate the project I'm working on (and am starting to get horrible stomach-churing panics about it) really can;t decide whether to say "feck it let's all have a nice lunch" or be sensible (and get on with it and try to assuage the approaching deadline panic...). the other factor is that we're both sick of pizza (everytime we eat out with dds it's the same) and if we do go we'll go somewhere quite posh and the girls can eat bread - but we'd like them to at least try something tasty...I am incapable of making a decision

NomDePlume Tue 05-Aug-08 10:56:46

work and go out for your evening meal ?

This fence is prickly wink

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 05-Aug-08 16:29:02

it's my anniversary today too - hope you went out for your lunch and if you didn't go out for dinner or even just a drink

happy anniversary

hatwoman Tue 05-Aug-08 16:35:48

erm. no we didn't blush. I'm not sure we can manage tonight - the place in question is too posh to open early enough for dds. and going for pizza would be viewed as a complete victory for the girls...

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Tue 05-Aug-08 17:41:30

go this weekend instead...get a takeaway in tonight and make dd's do washing up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now