Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you do..?

(16 Posts)
lulabelle Mon 04-Aug-08 15:52:07

If your 6 year old DS came back from his Dad's and told you that he had been in a car with his 2 year old brother, driven by his Dad's girlfriend who had smashed into another car, damaged both cars and just driven off on the instruction of my XH? As if this was not bad enough, neither DC were in car seats.

DS2 (age 2) even asked when he got into the car, where is my seat? was told you haven't got one just sit down.

Livid is not the word I'm fuming and I'm at work. I'm shaking and very very angry!!!!!

lulabelle Mon 04-Aug-08 15:52:50

DS1 also said she had been drinking as had my XH.

This girl looks after kids for a living!!!!!

lulabelle Mon 04-Aug-08 15:55:20

please someone talk to me I'm so mad my vision is starting to blur!!!!!

poshtottie Mon 04-Aug-08 15:58:41

I'm not suprised you feel the way you do, I would be fuming too. Children don't lie about this sort of thing and I would definitely be phoning the ex.

Overmydeadbody Mon 04-Aug-08 15:58:46

Well, I would call your ex asap and get the story from him.

lulabelle Mon 04-Aug-08 16:01:25

I have called him, thats what got me mad!! he said I'm over-reacting!!!!!

He is not sorry for this and this is only one on my list from this weekend!! Kids have been up late in strangers houses, walked home really late at night and tired, not been bathed, DS2 has escaped from the back garden and they were both put in a dirty bed belonging to the lodger.

Thats it now...he has seen the last of them, he can fight me in court now if he can be arsed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lulabelle Mon 04-Aug-08 16:02:05

he did not deny any of it either angry angry angry

lizziemun Mon 04-Aug-08 16:05:01

He would have to take me to court for access to see dc again.

I would also phone the police and let them know what happen to get it on file.

I would also take children to the doctors again to get it documented (sp) incase he takes you
to court for access

lulabelle Mon 04-Aug-08 16:18:59

do you think i should get them checked now then? they seem ok but think you are right, it all needs to be down on file

what a wanker i can't believe he has done this to my babies

lulabelle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:06:01

I have just received a text from xh saying he wants the name of my solicitor or my full address where his solicitor can get hold of me. He says that he will fight for the children and thinks he has a good case because of my emetophobia. The thing is I know that he does not want them full time, he can't get through 24 hours at the weekend, its just his controlling and frightening me as usual.

I can not afford a solicitor and not eligible for legal aid...what do I do?

wannaBe Tue 05-Aug-08 10:11:19

do you have his car registration number?

Phone the police and report the accident. Get it documented before he does.

Then report the gf to ofsted or whichever regulatory body it is she answers to and say she has been seen driving with children in the back of the vehicle with no car seats.

Iwanttobreakfree Tue 05-Aug-08 10:14:08

Sorry no idea re solicitor, are you sure you can't get free legal aid?

Agree get kids checked at Docs asap.

Then phone police and tell them the situation.

What does she do re childcare? Is she a childminder? Poss you might need to let Ofsted know? Esp if you have reported to police(I'm a childminder). I know she wasn't workingat the time but still.

Seriously, what a fecking stupid wenker. I would not be happy about him having my kids.

You need legal advice...CAB?

Sorry not more help but you need to make sure he only gets supervised visits in future cos that is totally outrageous.

Iwanttobreakfree Tue 05-Aug-08 10:15:35

Ps emetphobia should have nothing to do with it.

As long as you have never hurt your kids or have a police record etc he would never get the kids off you. I can't promise, but seriously do you think he would win over you in a custardy battle...I think not.

lulabelle Tue 05-Aug-08 10:34:14

There is so much he has done but he is adadmant he will see them. I really want to put them both through it for what they have done, I'm so so angry but will then worry about the repercussions, they are a rough lot in that village

lulabelle Tue 05-Aug-08 13:28:42

He has been on the phone to me again laughing at me. He is making me so mad I don't want to know he is getting to me but its getting increasingly hard!! I've tried not to answer the phone but I'm terrified of what he will do. I really can't afford a solicitor and Dom Violence service have just confirmed I earn too much for legal aid!! thing is living alone, no child maintenance I earn enough to run the house and eat I don't have hundreds of pounds for solicitors. What am I going to do? Who do I turn to?

lizziemun Tue 05-Aug-08 14:23:50

Speak to dom violence officer again explain what has/is happening and ask them what you can do.

Also have you spoken to womens aid or CAB they may be able tom help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: