Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tell me to get over my stupid crush

(5 Posts)
LoveSickStomachAche Mon 04-Aug-08 12:35:22

I'm a regular/name changer.

I developed a "crush" on someone a few months ago. I used to see him around twice a week but now its probably less. He's never shown any interest in me apart from once when he made conversation and told me he was in the middle of a divorce etc. He later "updated" me on how they no longer live together etc.

Since then, nothing. I've hardly seem him to be fair but when I do, he doesn't speak to me or make any contact with me much at all (apart from being generally pleasant).

I can't stop thinking about him but I know its pretty obvious he isn't interested. There is a bigish age gap and at times I've fooled myself into thinking this maybe why he hasn't shown any interest. But deep down I know he's probably just not interested.

So over to 'the experts' grin

a) if he was, would he have made "a move" by now?
b) should I be showing more interest in him as previously I havn't at all (in case I made myself look daft).
c) should I just get over it and leave him alone?

Pheebe Mon 04-Aug-08 12:53:52

Assuming you're single and he's single yes, show a bit of interest. Age should have nothing to with it. Don't go overboard, just show an interest in him, ask hows he's doing, strike up general conversations etc and see where it goes...

Anniegetyourgun Mon 04-Aug-08 12:55:31

Or if you're not single yourself, don't.

LoveSickStomachAche Mon 04-Aug-08 13:05:39

I'm single. I assume he is too but can't be 100%. TBH I know very little about him blush

Pheebe Mon 04-Aug-08 15:32:21

and you never will unless you ask wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now