Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relate counselling - Does it work/help?? What to expect??

(2 Posts)
GreatAuntieWurly Thu 31-Jul-08 14:36:15

We have a counseeling session booked for tonight. I am crapping myself as I have no idea what will happen, what they will ask etc etc.

Has anyone been thru couselling and come thru the other side feeling better as at the moment I cant help but think its the end.

Twelvelegs Thu 31-Jul-08 14:42:14

Relate is great. They will probably ask you and your DH to say 'why you're here'.. and listen make notes and ask the right questions. they will outline the contract with them, ie how much you'll pay, what their confidentiality policy is, what they expect.... ie we had to do time out for arguing (which was great) and when my dp couldn't he was told he couldn't go and so i went alone.

Have no fear they are brilliant. We are on the waiting list again as I had a personal connection with the counsellor via a mutual friend we were not aware of... which was a bugger as she was really nice.

I have faith in relate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now