Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Husband has left, over reacting

(30 Posts)
icecreamheadache Sun 27-Jul-08 19:28:52

Because of something stupid I did last night my husband has left to stay at his mothers. I thought he was just in a mood but he now says he believes I tried to kill him and that it's over between us hmm things were not fine before this but nowhere near this bad where it was almost over. Is he using this as an excuse or what? did I miss the signs that he wanted to split up or is he in a huff and it will blow over?
sorry for the name change

MrsFearnleyWhittingstall Sun 27-Jul-08 19:30:10

You need to tell us what you did so we can decide if he is overreacting .

RubySlippers Sun 27-Jul-08 19:31:20

how stupid was it if he thinks you tried to kill him?

you need to talk to him

you say things haven't been good so perhaps this was a trigger?

maybe some time apart could be a good thing?

stripeywoollenhat Sun 27-Jul-08 19:37:25

if he really thinks you were trying to kill him then going to his mother's is really not over reacting. calling the police wouldn't be over reacting if he thinks you were trying to kill him.

i'm not saying you were trying to kill him or anything, mind you, since i don't know what happened

justaboutagrownup Sun 27-Jul-08 19:44:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElenorRigby Sun 27-Jul-08 21:27:13

What happened icecream?

PootyApplewater Sun 27-Jul-08 21:29:00

?

2point4kids Sun 27-Jul-08 21:32:54

Did you put something in his food or physically hurt him?
Am trying to think what on earth could make himm think you were trying to kill him!

gagarin Sun 27-Jul-08 21:39:24

if you hit him he prob has a point?

but if no violence was involved not sure....hope you manage to sort it out.

icecreamheadache Sun 27-Jul-08 22:12:32

we have been having a few problems. 2 months ago he was laid off at work and in desperation he took a security job. Thing is it was nights and he couldn't sleep during the day so he ended up litrally having no sleep for an entire week.

He ended up with sleeping pills which was good at first, he slept during the day and worked at night but we never saw each other at all, it was driving me mad and I asked him to stop taking the pills (he was sleeping from 7am until 6pm every day).

Anyway to cut a long story short, yesterday was his day off and we arranged for friends to come over. He went and fell asleep upstairs when everyone was here and so I acted a bit stupid and invited my friend upstairs to look at him (I was angry that he was asleep yet again) and friend said something about trying to throw peanuts in his mouth for a laugh but I went and got some. She said she was joking and that I shouldn't but I'd had a bit to drink and started to throw peanuts at him. One went in his mouth and got stuck in his throat and he started choking. It was really scary but he managed to spit it out when we woke him up and lifted him up.

I KNOW it was stupid and I have no doubt in my mind that I was in the wrong, I'm not asking for clarity on that but to actually leave???

sherby Sun 27-Jul-08 22:14:58

hmm

he was having a day off, really needed sleep and you took drunk friend upstairs to laugh and throw peanuts at him?

um, no I don't think he is overreacting

staryeyed Sun 27-Jul-08 22:18:42

hmm

staryeyed Sun 27-Jul-08 22:19:42

do you also force feed him food btw?

JumpingDizzy Sun 27-Jul-08 22:20:19

poor man sad how old are you 12?

PootyApplewater Sun 27-Jul-08 22:20:28

You sound like a nob.
He'll stay where he is if he's got any sense.

JumpingDizzy Sun 27-Jul-08 22:21:02

In fact even my 7 year old wouldn't be so stupid.

staryeyed Sun 27-Jul-08 22:24:23

cough cough (muffled) "troll" cough cough

bamboostalks Sun 27-Jul-08 22:31:55

Troll.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 27-Jul-08 22:32:49

Message withdrawn

sherby Sun 27-Jul-08 22:34:49

wasn't that the same person who kept on coming on and talking about these really silly tricks she kept on playing on her partner

i'm sure that was about shoving food in his mouth when he didn't like it too

staryeyed Sun 27-Jul-08 22:35:39

Thehedgewitch I don't remember that one, but I am having dejafoodvu

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sun 27-Jul-08 22:36:38

A poor attempt at trolling. I'll give 2 out of 10. The ketchup one sounds better.

bamboostalks Sun 27-Jul-08 22:37:50

Definitely the same weirdo, I remember those threads.

TheHedgeWitch Sun 27-Jul-08 22:38:23

Message withdrawn

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Sun 27-Jul-08 22:39:29

why would you want to throw peanuts at someone? hmm

i occassionally drunkenly wake dh up to ask if he wants takeaway food or because i want to tell him something that happened on my night out and he is never impressed with me, but that is just being drunk and not realsing that if he has been slepping for hours pizza is not going to be appealing.

but throwing peanuts? why would any adult person find that amusing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now