Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Frenemies........

(3 Posts)
LongLiveGreenElizabeth Fri 25-Jul-08 12:24:55

OD's thread reminded me of a friend who was really there for me when I was on anti-depressants and dumped and wailing, but a year later when I was happy, jogging, energetic, happy, doing well at work, out sociallising...... she couldn't meet up with me without slipping in at least two nasty digs. Once she even made fun of my mother's accent in front of mutual friends. That opened my eyes a bit. I thought ... the only possible reason for that is to drag me down, show me up, and be nasty..

She also used to hand over a manicure set or something as a present, and say, I was going to get you a book, but I thought you'd prefer something girly and frivolous.

I put up with about 5 more years of it, because we had grown up together, until I just stopped arranging to meet up, and so did she!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 25-Jul-08 12:28:41

Message withdrawn

MehgaLegs Fri 25-Jul-08 12:31:30

I knew someone like that in my early 20s. Took a long time to get away from her but I did it.

She has recently resurfaced and pops up once or twice a year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now