Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What is a good valentine gift for a dp/dh. or will a card do.

(12 Posts)
maltesers Tue 08-Feb-05 12:54:31

can anyone suggest a valentine gift for dp. he is not really into all that stuff but want to give him something. i know what pressie i would like from him. some sexy underwear and a night of passion !

DaddyCool Tue 08-Feb-05 12:56:26

scotch!

moondog Tue 08-Feb-05 12:56:40

Don't give him anything. or rather do..but NOT on Valentine's day. is something expected a true gift?!
(Maybe HE'D like some sexy underwear-on you,not him!-and a night of passion?! )

DaddyCool Tue 08-Feb-05 12:57:44

i'd rather have the scotch

sparklymieow Tue 08-Feb-05 12:58:40

I brought some sexy knickers (for me to wear for him) and a card

maltesers Tue 08-Feb-05 14:04:14

he did buy me a sexy bra and thong for xmas. but he's not really the passionate man sadly. s'pose he would be happy with a box of chocs , the scotch, or take me out for a meal. think he feels he has to do something.

Branster Tue 08-Feb-05 21:24:01

go and buy a nice baby doll & thong thingy from an underwear shop and put it on that evening and offer him a red rose. and make him a card yourself. surpise him

maltesers Wed 09-Feb-05 13:56:10

he has little sex drive so not sure it would be a success. might put him on the spot too much. pressure etc. SADLY ! but good idea if you have the man with good sexdrive.

northstar Wed 09-Feb-05 14:38:25

How about a lovely home-made voucher for either a night of passion/body massage/mad sex/romantic dinner for two/surprise?
He would be in control of initiating the event when he was "in the mood" and you could of course put a USE BEFORE DATE on it so as not to have it thrown in a drawer and forgotten about?

Branster Wed 09-Feb-05 21:56:58

can you arrange babysitting one evening and buy 2 cinema/theatre tickets?
i get your point about what you'd like from him. i'd like a nigh of pure passion from my DH but somehow it never gets that intense (or as much as i'd like it)

fee77 Fri 11-Feb-05 15:26:55

What about this?!
cushion!

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 11-Feb-05 15:31:52

LOL at the cushion!

My dh is very hard to buy for but I have bought the best present this year.

He really wanted to go snowboarding this xmas but it's looking unlikely now so I booked him a 3hr lesson at Xscape and then I've bought him some salopettes, gloves and ski socks for him to open!
He'll love it, can't wait now.

Why don't you do something similar like book tickets for football or theatre, cinema etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: