Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Having strange feelings about dp - dont think I love him anymore .....

(13 Posts)
shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:26:14

I have been with dp for 5 years and we have had a very turbolent relationship to say the least. He was a very heavy drinker and went out and stayed out alot of weekends and this put a strain on us. He doesnt drink so much lately and I have no cmplaints in that dept.I cant bring myself to kiss him or even hug him. We dont argue and its a weird feeling. I dont look forward to him coming home. I kind of talk to him through our 2 sons.He is always asking for sex and I am just not interested at all. I dont enjoy it.When he rings me I have nothing to say to him and sometimes just dont want him to come home afer work. He is not the easiest person to talk to. Im happiest when im on my own with the boys. Id be happy if he said he has to work away - so confused. Feel like im wasting my life

Dior Thu 24-Jul-08 20:29:17

Message withdrawn

shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:31:14

We have been thru similar times in the past but if i am honest I have never really had my heart and sole into this relationship. He has hurt me so many times and I think maybe my head and heart has had enough even though he doesnt do anything wrong nowadays. What situation are you in now?

Dior Thu 24-Jul-08 20:32:40

Message withdrawn

shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:39:04

Had a quick look - you have500 messages with your nickname in. Briefly what was it about him that you didnt like?

Dior Thu 24-Jul-08 20:40:50

Message withdrawn

shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:44:23

No because I dont know what o say. I ant think of any specific reasons apart from what he used to be like (a drinker with mood swings)He isnt like that now and im still not happy. He goes to work, he plays with the children, he takes me out - so what is wrong with me?

Dior Thu 24-Jul-08 20:45:05

Message withdrawn

cafebistro Thu 24-Jul-08 20:46:11

you need to speak to your dp. I know its hard...i have felt like this in the past. Thinking how you would cope on your own, whe re you would live etc.how long have you felt like this?

shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:46:28

No not yet - im hoping it just a phase - kidding myself arnt i?

shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:48:19

We have been through a tough time since we met really and we had a similar time a few months ago when I demanded that he changed his drinkin habits etc. He has and its much better now but I still cant say that I love him

Dior Thu 24-Jul-08 20:48:28

Message withdrawn

shatteredmumsrus Thu 24-Jul-08 20:49:19

i know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now