Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need some help!

(5 Posts)
jofeb04 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:06:24

As some of you may know, I have been searching for my biological mum.

So, on facebook, there is a guy there with same surname and with large family (that I know is similar to birth mum).

This matches friends reunited.

So, question is do I message him to ask if he is related or not, and if so, how do i word it?

WhatsupDoc Wed 23-Jul-08 21:14:02

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this. My name is Jofeb04 and I am trying to find my birth mother (or just her name would probably be safer) I was wondering whether you might be her relation?

If not then I apologise for contacting you. If you are, I would be very grateful if you could let her know Jofeb04 would love to talk to her.

Is that any good?

jofeb04 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:15:53

I was first thinking of just trying to find out whether they are brother and sister.

Such a big bloody step to take, especially if they are.

WhatsupDoc Thu 24-Jul-08 20:44:25

You could ask that easily enough. You could always be an old schoolfriend or something

Although that could look dodgy if he says 'yes' then you turn round and say well actually I might be her daughter..

Have you got any other way of contacting her? What about googling her name and seeing if you can find out where she works or something. Do you think she wants to be contacted? Do you know the circumstances behind why you were separated?

rushour Thu 24-Jul-08 20:49:34

I think this could be dangerous. Your birth mother may not have told anyone about you? Subsequently, may not want to be found via a relation. Have you tried an agency called norcap?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now