Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to split up?

(6 Posts)
Piglet111 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:27:33

Ok I need to know how I can split from my partner. His friend owns our house which we rent so he says I have to move out with the children and the pets. How do I do that?

By the way, I get absolutely no help from my family and I have no friends and my eldest daughter is disabled so I can't see any way out right now. We get promised help from the local services but we've never had any help.

Also I will not stay with him as he is taking drugs which is something I didn't know about for ages, when I found out he stopped but he's back on them and I hate drugs. He smokes weed and takes cocaine regularly. We can't live with him like this

My heads all over the place with this.

HonoriaGlossop Wed 23-Jul-08 20:41:31

Oh dear piglet you poor thing! I would go to your local CAB and get some advice. Depending on your tenancy you may not have to move out at all. Obviously it would be easier for you, children and pets to stay in your house and less disruptive for the children considering they'll already be going through an upheaval. Much easier for a single man to move out...

WhatsupDoc Wed 23-Jul-08 20:43:47

Just wondering whether it might be worth contacting Citizens Advice Bureau - they might be able to tell you what benefits you'd be entitled to, or where you should go for more help.

Good luck. Sounds like you're making the right decision to me.

Piglet111 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:45:03

exactly but he won't and it's his friend who owns the house and he won't ever come to the house when my partner isn't home so I doubt he'll let me stay. My partner has told me he won't.

We've had a massive row today and everythings just come to an end, I'm fed up with him. I know he's playing mind games with me and I need to get out. I don't want to be with someone who treats me like this and takes drugs

Piglet111 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:46:34

I just can't see how I can move out easily, there won't be a fully furnished house somewhere which we can move straight into so what on earth do I do? Will CAB really be able to help me?

MsHighwater Wed 23-Jul-08 22:14:57

As well as CAB, I would also suggest going to your local authority Housing department. You could apply for rehousing on the basis that you are about to be made homeless (as a result of your relationship breaking down). You might not get your ideal house straight away but they should be able to help you with something.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: