Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Another man wont leave me alone.....

(12 Posts)
unhappyandnotloved Mon 21-Jul-08 21:00:03

Hi.

It started off as abit of flirting, at the swimming pool I go to, he is a lifeguard. Made me feel wanted and good about myself. Not really loved or apreciated at home.

I feel abit uncomfortable around him when he keeps flirting with me and he texts me sometimes. He is a lovely guy though. I guess I dont make it better because I like the attention.

How am I goin to stop this?

Megglevache Mon 21-Jul-08 21:01:14

Stop going to the pool?

How has he got your number?
Why does he make you feel uncomfortable?

RubySlippers Mon 21-Jul-08 21:01:26

change your phone number

don't go swimming for a few weeks

don't respond to him

work on your relationship with your DH/DP if you want to make a go of it

madamez Mon 21-Jul-08 21:05:25

Ignore his texts and swim somewhere else for a while, he will get the hint. And may well be flirting/txting with dozens of women anyway. DOn't worry about it too much, a few text are not Adultery.

unhappyandnotloved Mon 21-Jul-08 21:09:41

i do want to make a go of it. I love DP! To have attention from someone else though is quite flattering. Its just abit embarrasing as he flirts in front of other people and I KNOW he flirts with loads of other people too . Im abit of a sucker though because im lonely. He has my number because he did some personal training with me a while ago.

cadelaide Mon 21-Jul-08 21:12:17

"I guess I dont make it better because I like the attention".

You said it yourself. Easy enough to make it stop, but I think you don't want to really.

ComeOVeneer Mon 21-Jul-08 21:16:58

Sorry but you don't really want it to stop. You have set yourself up for it, and are lapping up the attention. If you are serious about this, change your number, go to another swimming pool and work on your relationship with dh.

Nighbynight Mon 21-Jul-08 21:19:14

what CoV said.

unhappyandnotloved Mon 21-Jul-08 21:20:26

I do want it to stop now. I have decided enough is enough and I dont want this anymore and I know it's wrong. It's embarrasing and i love my DP.

Thanks everyone, you have ade me realise how wrong it is.

LilRedWhiskGers Mon 21-Jul-08 21:21:49

Have you actually asked him to leave you alone? If not, try ignoring him and swimming else where.

Taxidriver Mon 21-Jul-08 21:27:26

bet he loves himself the most.

cadelaide Mon 21-Jul-08 21:28:16

Unless he's a psychopathic stalker it will be easy enough to get the message across.

Don't worry about being nice/polite. If you really want it to stop tell him and then ignore him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now