Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i hope its not true, but what can i do?

(10 Posts)
onlygirl Thu 17-Jul-08 10:06:43

I have heard that one of my best friends was attacked in the street by her new husband.
Dont know that she definately was but i heard it from a friend of a friend who lives down the street where it happened.
shes not replying to any texts or phone calls i dont know what or if there is anything else i can do.

wuzzlefraggle Thu 17-Jul-08 10:14:23

Sorry, I have no advice, but didn't want to ignore this. I hope your friend is ok x Was the source reliable that told your friend of the attack?

wuzzlefraggle Thu 17-Jul-08 10:15:43

Sorry, forgot to add...would her husband be in work at the moment? If so, could you maybe call round there to see if she is ok?

I'm sorry, this must be a dreadful situation for you

fryalot Thu 17-Jul-08 10:17:51

all you can do is be there for her when she is ready.

If she is being violently abused by her husband, it may take some time for her to accept what is going on. By which time he may have alienated all her friends. Let her know that you will ALWAYS be there for her if she EVER needs a friend.

If she is staying with him, she will not want the world to know what happened, so you have to think about taking a step back and not going in all guns blazing.

Telling her he is a violent twat and she must leave him will not help, much as your intentions are good.

It's difficult to know how to help, when really there isn't much you can do until help is asked for.

onlygirl Thu 17-Jul-08 10:18:29

yeah she was really.
just dont know what to do im real worried we have always been real close but since she got with him not much contact then since they got married nothing at all.

wuzzlefraggle Thu 17-Jul-08 11:18:21

Squonks advice is very good IMO.

onlygirl Thu 17-Jul-08 11:49:55

thank you for your help.

itati Thu 17-Jul-08 11:51:04

Go and knock on her door. The chances are, if it is true, she is ignoring everyone through misplaced embarrassment and shame.

I hope she is okay. sad

wuzzlefraggle Thu 17-Jul-08 12:49:36

Have you decided what you would like to do onlygirl? Keep us informed on whats happening, it must be awful

onlygirl Sat 19-Jul-08 21:07:31

still worried about her but they both work and finish around the same time so cant go round.
ive known her for 15 years i just feel so useless.
there are 5 of us that stayed best friends from school and we all feel the same its so hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now