Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

oh dear...

(43 Posts)
whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 14:32:29

I am anticipating a lot of flak from this so have changed my name to protect myself.

Basically. I love dh very, very much. But our sex life has been rubbish for awhile. My fault entirly, zero sex drive. Any way said sex drive decided to make a surprising return this week so we have been at it quite a bit. Dh is very pleased. But we ran out of condoms last night, having used the last one yetsreday evening. I was a bit insatiable and em well. You can guess what happened. Obviously we were planning the withdraw method (yes I know you should never, never do that). I am very naughty.

Anyway counted up the days after wards and I would have been on day 11 of a 29 day cycle. Has anybody had a mistake on this day and not got pregnant.

I have to say it wouldn't be an ideal time for a baby, but then is there really an ideal time?

I know days 10-14 tend to be your most fertile but it's not for sure you will get pg if you do the dirty on these dates is it.

For some background we already have 3 kids, and our sex life has always been dodgy but dp just seems to need to sneeze on me to get me pg.

Ok go on then, I am hiding behind a very large cushion!

MummyDoIt Mon 14-Jul-08 14:33:49

Morning after pill?

PatienceRequired Mon 14-Jul-08 14:34:48

You have 72 hours to get the morning after pill. GP, pharmacist, etc just get it -quick!

PatienceRequired Mon 14-Jul-08 14:35:10

While youre there buy some condoms!!smile

davidtennantsmistress Mon 14-Jul-08 14:35:12

yep MAP, if not hope n pray, how old are you other kids?

OverMyDeadBody Mon 14-Jul-08 14:35:41

We,,, if you don't want to get pregnant go and get yourself the MAP, and stock up on condoms while you're at it!grin

Flamesparrow Mon 14-Jul-08 14:37:17

For me - I would most likely be pregnant, I am another sneeze on person.

What will be, will be - no use worrying

nappyaddict Mon 14-Jul-08 14:38:09

i would say it's very likely. if you really don't want a baby get the map.

whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 14:42:46

Dont really beieve in the MAP, that's just me. Yes I know should have been much more careful if that is the case. However, it's not that big of a deal. I always believe that if something is meant to happen then it will.

You might only plan to have 3 kids but you might be meant to have more. So we will take it as it comes.

It's just a curiosity really. My kids at the momnent are 6,5 and 2.

nappyaddict Mon 14-Jul-08 14:44:36

sounds like a 4th wouldn't be that much of a disaster then. hope you get the outcome you want.

whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 14:53:23

Well,not to me. I'm not saying it would be to dh either. But he has got very used to the idea of having 3. And there are some big changes coming up in the near future.

I know he would be fine and love another should it come along. But I also know he will spend the next few weeks panicking that I might be pg and what he will do if I am. And he doesn't need that at he moment he has some important things to do this month and needs to focus on them not the possible outcome of our own actions.

I mean he was happy with 2 but now wouldn't be without our 3rd, loves them all to bits and is a very devoted hands on father to all of them.

whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 14:55:58

He is also very silly. He said "after the deed". Well, we had already done it once, so hopefully there wasn't much left in me"

To which I replied (perhaps a bit insensitively) "It does not matter if you have 200 sperm in you or 200 million, it only takes one to make a baby" opps.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 14-Jul-08 15:02:09

No-brainer really, go and get the morning after pill! If you can get in at the GP you can get a free prescription, or go to Boots and pay £30. What do you want to hear? You have a very good chance of being pregnant, day 11 is the optimum day. If you secretly want another baby for goodness sake sit down and discuss it with DH, otherwise go and get the MAP. If you don't you will spend the next 2 weeks wondering - why? Are you trying to create a drama? Or trying to test how your DH would feel about you being preg again?
Go and sort it out.

whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 15:07:50

Not trying to create a drama, not secretly wanting another baby.

Have I mistakenly thought that I would not be the only women on mumsnet to have had an accident like this?

Plus if you read the whole post you will see that MAP is not an option for me and dh is 100% with me on this.

It was merely out of curiousity had anybody done this on a similier date and not got pg. Obviously by your post the answer is no.

Thank you for your advice

whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 15:08:55

Also I dont believe in twsting my dh, I would just out right ask him. I am not so sneaky.

whatawally Mon 14-Jul-08 15:09:20

sorry that should have read "testing"

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 14-Jul-08 15:16:39

Oh right, I see. Well you are in a pickle. Quite likely you have got preg, but there is of course a chance you haven't. Plenty of people take several months to conceive when they are trying.
Not a lot you can do but wait.

more Mon 14-Jul-08 15:17:27

Yes there are women out there who have had "relations" around that time and not become pregnant.
You do have the option of the morning after pill, which you choose not to.
Which really only leaves you with the wait and see if you are pregnant option.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 14-Jul-08 15:19:35

I'd say though that if you don't believe in the MAP you ought to be a bit more careful! I have a friend who doesn't believe in the MAP and has had unprotected sex less than 10 times in her life and been pregnant 4. Withdrawal don't work.

ChukkyPig Mon 14-Jul-08 15:27:05

I have been at it morning noon and night for months and have failed to get pregnant.

Who knows what will happen with you?

You can get PG tests that work very early these days.

If the MAP is a no-no then waiting is all you can do.

I am sure there are plenty of women around who have got carried away and had unprotected sex on day 11 and ended up pregnant. Then again there are lots who haven't. Not sure what else to say!

nappyaddict Mon 14-Jul-08 15:36:46

is MAP a no-no for ethical reasons or cos you don't believe it works?

ilovemydog Mon 14-Jul-08 15:40:32

when can a pregnancy test pick up a pregnancy? Is it only after a missed period?

I don't know.

ChukkyPig Mon 14-Jul-08 15:45:32

You can get ones which are pretty reliable a few days before your period are due. Hold on I'll have a look for you.

nappyaddict Mon 14-Jul-08 15:46:02

asda and sainsbury's own are the most sensitive and can pick up 10 days after ovulation.

nappyaddict Mon 14-Jul-08 15:46:43

sorry 6 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now