Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Furious at DH, but am I overreacting?

(12 Posts)
QS Sun 13-Jul-08 19:43:16

It is pretty cold here, even if it is sunny, the northern wind is bone chilling.

I just came back after taking my parents to see the plot, and found my 3 year old running around outside soaking wet. Both his trousers and his jacket was soaked through. He said he was cold. Apparently "he only got wet 20 minutes ago". I find it appaling that he let his son run around in the freezing wind soaking wet for 20 minutes. He says I am overreacting, and "the boy is fine". Well, we dont know that yet, and I am trying to teach the children that the climate above the artic circle is different from London and if you get wet, you go inside. Other children who live here knows this.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 13-Jul-08 19:44:59

Surely he'll learn to go inside when he gets wet, by getting cold?

I don't think I'd be furious, but then mine often run about in cold weather soaking wet.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 13-Jul-08 19:45:44

It will be a learning curve for you all.

Could you change your name back ? I only recognised you by location. sad

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QS Sun 13-Jul-08 19:46:57

LOL Bree. Sure.

I did not mind them running around wet in London. But here? It is 10 degrees (much like november in the uk) and freezing winds.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 13-Jul-08 19:50:18

It was not particularly warm here on Friday, the rain was also coming down in stair rods, DS went out and stood it in whooping and shouting bring it on....hmm(strange boy)

We have yet to have any reprecussions.....

dittany Sun 13-Jul-08 19:52:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clayre Sun 13-Jul-08 19:52:17

where are you?

QuintessentialShadows Sun 13-Jul-08 19:52:26

That sounds like something I would do when I was young.

<sigh>

QuintessentialShadows Sun 13-Jul-08 19:53:07

Dittany, I am in the far north of Norway. Further north than Iceland. Much further north than the north of Scotland.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 13-Jul-08 19:57:02

You see this is why I love MN, I thought you were over reacting slightly, but she makes a good point re how long.

No... you are not being unreasonable.

BreeVanderCampLGJ Sun 13-Jul-08 19:57:27

Dittany .....even. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now