Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

missing dh.

(45 Posts)
misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 10:35:42

feeling like a single parent. cant cope with only seeing him for a couple of hrs a day.

hayleylou Fri 04-Feb-05 10:37:24

Have you spoken to your dh.... whatv job does he do?

Titania Fri 04-Feb-05 10:37:28

poor you. it must be so tough. I dont know how you have managed for as long as you have. I would have cracked by now. I hope things get better for you soon. x x x

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 10:38:10

hayleylou, he isnt working, he is in hospital. since middle of december he has been home for approx 2weeks.

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 04-Feb-05 10:39:16

Aw sweetheart thinking of you

Snugs Fri 04-Feb-05 10:45:57

<<hugs>> misdee.

I struggled when my DH was in hospital long-term...and thats was pre-kids.

Thinking of you. Keep your chin up, you are doing a brilliant job.

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 10:54:33

feeling extra bad today as dont know if i can get into see him. and dd1 was saying last night how much she was missing me and dd2 as she is at school all day then goes to grandmas house.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 10:57:22

gawd md
how does it work with phoning?

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 10:58:48

get told off by the ward sister for calling too much.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 10:59:02

ooh sister!

soapbox Fri 04-Feb-05 11:00:09

Misdee - I do feel for you - especially with the new babe arriving soon.

The kids will get through this - don't feel guilty about them - you're doing the best you can at the moment.

Once DH is home (and hopefully better) you can spend some re-bonding time as a family. Maybe with a little holiday or short break.

You may not think it yourself, but from what you post here you sound like you are holding it all together well, in very difficult circumstances

lou33 Fri 04-Feb-05 11:00:24

misdee, i just want to say that i think you are a remarkable lady, you are dealing with your problems in a much better way than i ever could, and you have certainly given me food for thought as to how i should be approaching my own problems

Miaou Fri 04-Feb-05 11:00:44

hugs misdee - we're all thinking of you.

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 11:02:42

dont know how i'm gonna cope when he goes to harefield. i've asked him to find out if there is somewhere i cpuld stay nearby for a day or two.

fairyfly Fri 04-Feb-05 11:05:08

Misdee i feel for you so much, it is dreadful, i also think you are being remarkable and thinking of you

throckenholt Fri 04-Feb-05 11:06:49

I think there are usually places nearby for you to stay. Have you got a date for Harefield yet ?

lou33 Fri 04-Feb-05 11:07:10

a lot of hospitals have accommodation for situations such as yours hon, could you give the patient liaison dept a ring and ask them?

LapsedGymJunkie Fri 04-Feb-05 11:07:38

Anyone on here got a bed for the few nights for Misdee

You could stay here, if here was there, if you follow that

lockets Fri 04-Feb-05 11:07:47

Message withdrawn

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 11:22:32

trying to find out. even a cheap hotel so i could be there for a day or two would be good.

postcode for harefield is UB9 6JH if anyone can find anything. travel inn or similar will do me.

Easy Fri 04-Feb-05 11:23:34

I think Harefield are used to patients who come from outside the area, and will have some accommodation available. Do ring and ask.

I know how miserable you must be. Lots of hugs from me

NameChangingMancMidlander Fri 04-Feb-05 11:25:31

I think you've been incredible through this Misdee. You've really put everyone else first and pulled it all together for DH and the kids, despite being pregnant yourself. Of course, you have to cope, but I think you've done it more than admirably.

Hopefully DH will get the treatment he needs asap and he can get home and play a more active role as a Daddy & a DH.

hugs

lou33 Fri 04-Feb-05 11:27:34

certainly puts my probs in perspective, feel foolish for even giving them a second thought tbh

Gwenick Fri 04-Feb-05 11:28:45

misdee don't know if any of the ones on this page would be of anyhelp

http://www.upmystreet.com/nrs/?l1=UB9+6JH&cat=1230

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 11:32:14

just phoned harefield, they have accommdation on site, but only for adults, they cant take the kids. so if i can get the girls looked after for one night i can go with dh and make sure he is ok. its 25.75 a night, which is more than fair i think. can make a reservation as soon as we know dh is being moved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now