Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

WHERE are they??! The decent blokes that is!

(17 Posts)
Alambil Thu 10-Jul-08 17:24:15

There are none left... I'm gonna be alone forever....

I WANT A MAN ... I WANT A RELATIONSHIP

with a small caveat; I don't want sex next week (if I were to meet him today..!)

Is that REALLY too much to ask? Why does every bloke who talks to me only want his sodding leg over?

I'm enraged... I want to go back to the seventies when people dated and a kiss at the end of the date was a bonus

littlewoman Thu 10-Jul-08 17:31:15

Who told you the seventies was like that? lol. Not from what I remember wink

Pinkchampagne Thu 10-Jul-08 17:39:10

My first couple of dates with my DP were just nights out with a kiss as he left me, but by date 3 he did invite me to his bed (apparently because he enjoyed my company!!hmm)...I declined his kind offer & went to the spare room & he respected me for it. We are still together 11 months on.smile

prettyfly1 Thu 10-Jul-08 19:23:52

Married. and happily so. i am rapidly giving up hope!

southeastastra Thu 10-Jul-08 19:24:23

i have them all locked in my spare room, sorry

davidtennantsmistress Thu 10-Jul-08 19:37:52

when u find them let me know, all I seem to attract is emotional fuckwits, or players.

oh apart from one - but he's another time, another place etc, but he's lovely. my best male bud.

TequilaMockinBird Thu 10-Jul-08 19:39:47

Men are like public toilets, all the decent ones are taken and the others are full of crap grin

P.s. if you do find a decent one, can you ask if he has a brother/best mate please!

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 19:43:39

I don't remember the seventies as being innocent at all. You must be referring to the fifties. I wasn't born then so cannot speak from experience. I don't know where they are either. I'm not bothered if they want sex straight away I can fend that off.

Just want someone decent that matches up.

Rhubarb Thu 10-Jul-08 19:43:57

I know a few. Shall I set up a dating agency?

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 19:45:59

Rhubarb, yes please or at least give them my facebook details as I really need some new cyber friends, preferably male. I'm serious btw.

Rhubarb Thu 10-Jul-08 19:46:48

CAT me.

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 19:49:17

Will do, hope I can remember how to do it.

Rhubarb Thu 10-Jul-08 19:49:45

You click on the envelope to the right of my name.

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 19:58:40

I sent a message in haste, did it through 'contact a mumsnetter'. Guess it's the same result. Hope you get it soon. I'm on facebook but have a paltry sum of friends and its getting embarrasing. Its a generation thing. It hasn't caught on amongst the over 40's quite so much.

abouteve Thu 10-Jul-08 21:03:26

Lewisfan, sorry I appear to have hijacked your thread earlier.

Anniegetyourgun Fri 11-Jul-08 09:18:57

Well my XH is available. Just his bitch cow of an XW can't appreciate him doesn't mean he wouldn't make anyone else happy. I'll get you an introduction if you like.

Anniegetyourgun Fri 11-Jul-08 09:19:16

because*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now