Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my neice doesnt like me.

(20 Posts)
misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 13:07:08

i have a neice who is similar age to dd2 (2years old). i dont see her as much as mieows kids as she lives a bit further out, but do see her regularly. Last week i was at my mums before hospital appointments and neice was there as well. i picked her up and moved her to the sofa at one point as the TV repair man came round and i didnt want neice to get hurt (they had the telly in bits and there was a soldering iron out). neice started a huge paddy, and wouldnt calm down. In the end my dad managed to calm her down, but yesterday i got in my dads car, neice was there as well and she put her bottom lip out and started screaming. If i turned round to speak to dd2 neice would start up again.

She has been like this with me since she was a baby. its starting to get to me a bit as i'm not horrible to her and try to play with her and enegae her especially as there is only a couple of months age difference betwen neice and dd2.

flashingnose Wed 26-Jan-05 13:09:02

Ridiculous question but do you have a different hair colour to your sister?

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 13:09:55

nope.

flashingnose Wed 26-Jan-05 13:11:39

Aah, not that then. My friend's nephew would scream every time he saw her - she's very blonde and Mum was very dark. They're OK now though.

But could it be something equally strange do you think? The reason why I'm thinking appearance is because you say she's done it since she was born.

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 13:12:39

not sure if she is like it with mieow, will have to find out. tbh i think she is a bit spoilt (runs and hides)

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 13:21:25

i'll take that back

neice is bought up differently to mine and mieows kids.where our kids have always had one parent at home doing majority of childcare, neice has been looked after by my parents since she was young as sis went back to work. sometimes i think she is unsettled.

but after 2years, surely she should be used to me?

sparklymieow Wed 26-Jan-05 14:16:49

nope she's spoilt!! she is fine with us, but prefers DH to me. If sis leave her with us, and I go out she is fine till I come back and her mum doesn't, then all hell breaks loose. She actually done that to me the other week. I was looking after her when our dad and mum were at hospital, and her parents were at work. I thought she had done a poo so said nicely "come on ** lets change that bum of yours" and she put out her bottom lip and screamed!!!!

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 16:23:39

glad she is the same with you dear. i was thinking i was a mean horrible auntie for a while there.

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 16:59:26

This is going to be a really nosey question and you dont have to answer

Are you {misdee and Mieow} sisters?

And then there is 1 more sister who this spoilt girl belongs?

Is that right?

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 19:37:19

thats right, me and mieow are sisters, and we have another sister as well. we also have a brother.

sparklymieow Wed 26-Jan-05 22:20:24

Yep, and I'm the oldest, followed by misdee, then sis, and bro.

RTKangaMummy Wed 26-Jan-05 22:22:01

Thanks

sorry for being so nosey

Miaou Wed 26-Jan-05 22:40:29

Misdee and mieow, I have the same problem with my nephew. BUT I know for a fact that the reason why he doesn't like me is because he is very spoiled and I refuse to treat him the way his parents do! Eg I expect him to say please and thank you (he is a bright 3.5 year old) and not to snatch toys off my dds or hit them. So he definitely thinks I am a meanie auntie!

<whispers> and I'm afraid I don't care!

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 22:47:25

maybe thats what it is themn miaou.

sparklymieow Wed 26-Jan-05 22:52:51

lo, miauo!! I ain't too worried either

misdee Wed 26-Jan-05 22:53:45

its just annoying really. maybe i give off evil bad auntie vibes (mieow, do your kids hate me too )

sparklymieow Wed 26-Jan-05 22:54:42

oh yes, can't you tell??

Miaou Wed 26-Jan-05 22:54:45

Honestly misdee, if she is spoiled as you say, then she is probably used to getting things when she creates a big fuss, just as my nephew is (the opposite happens in our house!!!). Hopefully you'll find as she gets older that she will respect the "my house, my rules" scenario and be more relaxed round you - at the moment she is dealing with the situations (things not going entirely her way) in the only way she knows how.

sparklymieow Wed 26-Jan-05 22:56:44

I think the issus with her having her bum changed the other week was SHE DIDN'T WANT IT CHANGED!!!
Bahh!! I did it anyway!! told her to stop being silly!!

Miaou Wed 26-Jan-05 22:59:01

We are the meanie auntie brigade - watch out....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now