Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

embarrassing question about s e x

(21 Posts)
Allyco Wed 19-Jan-05 22:19:12

can I ask how old your baba was when you got back to proper sex? and, if you were b/feeding did you find you didn't really fancy it much, or am I just a sad specimen?

morningpaper Wed 19-Jan-05 22:20:44

From talking to my friends, breastfeeding is a great contraceptive because none of them were remotely interested in sex for QUITE SOME TIME afterwards!

Also vaginal birth is a good contraceptive for the same reason....

spod Wed 19-Jan-05 22:22:05

agree with morning paper! 6 months before i felt that way inclined!

lockets Wed 19-Jan-05 22:24:40

Message withdrawn

alexsmum Wed 19-Jan-05 22:28:23

the hormones that you produce when b/fing actually inhibit the production of lubrication shall we say.....it's natures way of making sure you don't get preg again while still looking after littlie.that's why you don't have periods..no ovulation.
you are not weird at all...in fact you are reacting exactly as nature intended!!!

nerdgirl Wed 19-Jan-05 23:00:05

I'm an oddball - lasted almost three weeks without sex on both ds's. Breastfed both times. Still v. horny. DH was to the one with reservations!!

hatstand Wed 19-Jan-05 23:19:02

can't remember with dd1 but it was less than a week with dd2 we were both, ahem, gagging for it. which is unusual coz we're not usually iyswim

hoxtonchick Thu 20-Jan-05 02:49:27

same as you nerdgirl. though i go right off sex in pregnancy (currently 15 weeks ) - looks like dp has a while to wait....

KateandtheGirls Thu 20-Jan-05 04:00:12

With my breastfed child I didn't have a partner, but with my first who couldn't beastfeed but was born vaginally with forceps and an episiotomy, we could hardly wait till the 4 weeks my doc told me. Very horny. I think I was just looking forward to having non-pregnant sex!

Allyco Thu 20-Jan-05 10:17:34

yee hah i am normal then

was beginning to worry girls

secur Thu 20-Jan-05 10:23:33

Message withdrawn

serenity Thu 20-Jan-05 10:34:50

I didn't feel 'normal' in that respect until DSs were around 18 mths

As DD is only 14 mths atm, suffice to say DH is being very patient and understanding

They were BFed btw.

paolosgirl Thu 20-Jan-05 10:54:51

About 6/7 months - after a v. painful ventouse delivery. Literally still couldn't sit down at 6 weeks. Surgery a year later to excise scar tissue - lovely. So NO WONDER I didn't feel like it! I think hormones, lack of sleep and (in our case anyway) far more arguements all contributed to my libido going on her holidays!

Fastasleep Thu 20-Jan-05 11:02:20

Mwahaha it took me 2 weeks and I breastfed and everything! I must admit it was slightly uncomfortable and icky though , it was my hubby who then went off it!

anonym Thu 20-Jan-05 11:03:34

Did not breastfeed which from what I have read here is probably the reason I was extremely horny (and broody ) after about 3wks each time. Didn't last though, now I could go 3 months quite happily without it.

KathH Thu 20-Jan-05 11:11:44

hi - i'm bottle feeding 16 wk old and tbh a decent nights kip is preferable to a night of passion! well, for me anyway, i think dh would opt for the night of passion or at least a 5 minute fumble!

hippi Thu 20-Jan-05 12:49:24

It was about six weeks with dd, but did have to be cut so ... never breast fed with her. had ds just over week ago and already feeling horny (but sore) so another couple of weeks i reckon am breast feeding him. I think it depends. for about a year after dd's birth wasn't really up for it that often (always been highly sexed) but couldn't be arsed. Felt really horny through pregnancy with ds though. Maybe that after having baby - especially with lack of sleep, sex is not foremost in most mums minds!

Kelly1978 Thu 20-Jan-05 12:54:58

Mine were about 4 weeks. I hope it's not much longer than that this time, cos I'm 29 weeks friday and already had to give up sex til after cos I'm too big and it's really uncomfortable.

logic Thu 20-Jan-05 13:15:18

5 weeks even though b/feeding

fatbetty Thu 20-Jan-05 13:42:00

My ds2 is 5.5 months old and I am completely not interested in sex and my dh thinks I don't love him anymore as I push off his romantic intentions. It's so frustrating for both of us! I think I was the same with my ds1 and things did get better after I stopped bf him (at 9 months!). But so glad to hear that others are uncomfortable with sex while bf (obviously not at the same time ). Was beginning to think that I've turned into a cold fish.

kama Mon 24-Jan-05 21:07:23

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now