Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help am going to meet dp wife and dd

(5 Posts)
clare1980 Wed 19-Jan-05 19:41:03

i am going to meet dp wife this weekend and i cant helpthinking the meeting has only been set up so she can see that i am not a 3 headed wierdo.
i really want to meet his dd but i am feeling really under pressure because she left my dp for someone else and she has already been ranting that my dd will take all the limelight away from her dd which is just not true and i have been told that she was hoping if her new life turned sour my dp would take her back which will not happen as she has a new baby by her new partner.i understand it is important to meet me for her dd sake but i am feeling a little under pressure

pedilia Wed 19-Jan-05 20:07:44

i have a close friend in a similar situation and she is finding things really difficult. good luck

spikeycat Thu 20-Jan-05 10:36:03

Count yourself lucky, my dp's ex w has never met me me, (in 5 years!) and does nothing but cast nasty aspersions about me, at least this way you have a hope of a civalized relationship

ThomCat Thu 20-Jan-05 10:40:35

You're bound to feel under pressure but it is a sensible arrangement and will hopefully be a pleasent meeting. just keep calm, remember to smile and remember to breathe!
This is all for the greater good and will be worth it.
Good luck, just be yourself, you'll be fine.

pinkdiamond Thu 20-Jan-05 10:42:24

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now