Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

laydees - I need your favourite vibrator recommendations

(34 Posts)
needsomeinspirationplease Wed 20-Feb-08 22:21:16

[can't believe I am asking this blush]

I want to get a vibrator - have never had one although have used other household objects blushblushblush so wouldn't be a total novice

I like clitoral stimulation but also something, ahem, inside

I was thinking of a rabbit but a poster on another thread said they are very noisy - I suppose that might be a turn off

ahem, all advice, recomendations, welcome

callmeovercautious Wed 20-Feb-08 22:22:46

Rabbit

TimeForMe Wed 20-Feb-08 22:23:29

I'm on the case! grin

If you want an innie and an outie then a rabbit is perfect for that job.

I think most vibrators will be a bit noisy but some noisier than others. Just wear ear plugs grin

lou33 Wed 20-Feb-08 22:25:35

i'd recommend a rabbit, you can get extra quiet ones like these

i dont think they are that loud myself tho

TimeForMe Wed 20-Feb-08 22:26:05

This mini rabbit might be ok, it's without the rotating beads so may not be as noisy

www.bedtimeheaven.co.uk/subcat-cat~1-subcat~1-paging~10-order_by~5.htm

Its cheap too!

needsomeinspirationplease Wed 20-Feb-08 22:26:21

ear plugs? can I get sexy ones?

yep, innie and outie - mind I suppose I could try something else, but think I'll be a malcontent with anything that doesn't have the dual approach

needsomeinspirationplease Wed 20-Feb-08 22:36:56

that is cheap tfm, would it work d'u think? I have nothing to compare it to. WHat do the rotating beads do for a girl normally?

good lord, never realised there were so many versions of rabbits out there! also never realised how many women use them with their men - I do find that incredible, I'd be hiding mine!

purpleduck Wed 20-Feb-08 22:49:41

LOL at " household objects"

Mobile phone?

Washing Machine?

Those kids toys that jump around?

Electric toothbrush?

grin

needsomeinspirationplease Wed 20-Feb-08 22:53:14

better not to ask dear! I've been very desperate on occasion blush

there were also days when I bought my deoderant based on the shape of its bottle blush

what I used as a teenager beats it all though, and I don't think I could ever admit that on the national interweb - suffice it to say we were a very catholic household, with all of the attendant paraphenalia blush

readytopop Wed 20-Feb-08 23:02:06

PMSL grin

have forgotten those days at the mo, too much bump in the way!

do tell - what do the beads do for a girl?

TimeForMe Wed 20-Feb-08 23:03:31

That mini one might be a bit small in length and girth, it depends if you want one more life sized wink

They are all cheap on that website! So take your pick! personally, i don't think the rotating balls do much, not sure what they do do apart from make a noise.

Just go for it! Pick one, order it and make sure you have the batteries ready for when it arrives. And don't hide it, it's even more fun if you use it together smile

I'm off to sleep now but will check back in the morning to see how you got on grin

TimeForMe Wed 20-Feb-08 23:07:34

Ok, just had a look at mine again and the beads rotate inside the vibrator and I suppose 'tickle' you inside hmm (excuse the lack of explanation, am too tired for words [smile) I suppose in the same way that a ribbed condom is supposed to add extra thrill, the whole of the top bit rotates and gyrates and the little clitoral bit vibrates too, it will knock yer socks off!! grin

Alambil Wed 20-Feb-08 23:57:45

I have the one Lou linked to - tis very good and quiet blush

needsomeinspirationplease Thu 21-Feb-08 09:59:00

I'm afrad to report I haven't ordered anything yet - have been like a rabbit in the headlights grin at the vast choice

hmm, plain old rabbit jessica rabbit or, ahem thrusting rabbit or romping

OMG

what do those rabbit ears feel like - are they hard or soft?

and what do you do if using it with your partner? (my convent education has let me down laydees!)

noddyholder Thu 21-Feb-08 10:01:56

partner?YOU WON'T NEED HIM WITH A RABBIT

3catstoo Thu 21-Feb-08 10:14:47

What a fab thread. My DH suggested i get a vibrator because our sex drives are going in opposite directions at the moment. Never thought I'd have to say that.

The choice is overwhelming.

I would probably use it without DH. The thought of using it WITH him does nothing for me.

Let us know which one you get.

TimeForMe Thu 21-Feb-08 14:11:00

A bit hard INSIP, you learn how to use it effectively though. grin I would be tempted to go for the one that lou linked to, especially if it's quiet. Don't get me wrong, the rampant rabbit isn't jack hammer noisy but, it's a bit annoying.

ObviouslyTheProblemIsMine Thu 21-Feb-08 14:31:34

Try the Anne Summers bullet - really powerful little buzz to it. Doggy style with your man, and just a little buzz extra - fireworks !!!

needsomeinspirationplease Thu 21-Feb-08 18:22:21

ok, went for this jessica in the end - I watched the little video on loveHoney and it looked not too terrifying!

I read the review on the quiet one Lou recommended and they mostly said it wasn't that quiet so I reckoned I would save myself the £15 and try this

I might pop into ann summers for a bullet too OTPIM, the doggy with bullet sounds good - we normally end up in same position (me on top) so I can get the clit stimulation I need to come, but I think poor old DH gets exhausted and I would love to be able to come in different positions

thanks for the help -looking forward to giving it a try soon as I can grin

TimeForMe Thu 21-Feb-08 18:35:00

Wey Hey! grin Good choice!

Don't forget to order the batteries!

Have fun!

pralinegirl Thu 21-Feb-08 20:30:53

I've thought of asking DH to get me one, but am too embarassed, but our sex life is not really happening, I'm so tired, he realises it and is too and I thought one might help kickstart things. Would he be shocked - how do men react to the idea?

TimeForMe Thu 21-Feb-08 20:47:28

He would love it! If you are open and honest about it and tell him you got it for the both of you to use, he won't feel you are trying to replace him smile

needsomeinspirationplease Thu 21-Feb-08 20:51:49

I don't know praline girl - I haven't mentioned it to DH yet and we tend to be quite reserved with each other so am not quite sure how/if I will. I'd like to though, as I feel it is time for us to maybe open up a bit and try new things together...good luck...

mumblesmummy Fri 22-Feb-08 23:23:26

I used to be a party planner and we had to try the products first so we knew what to recommend hahahaha. I'd always say rabbit. Have a look on www.lovehoney.com it's cheaper than other places like ann summers but it's pretty much the same stuff.

needsomeinspirationplease Sun 24-Feb-08 16:15:17

well, the vibe came yesterday...and I did today grin (blush)

when I opened it yesterday the bunny ears weren't workng so i was all set to send it back - but just double checked today before wrapping it up and they were working, so I thought I better cjheck it out
was good, but not as intense an orgasm as I get with DH actually, so handy to have but not a replacement...though maybe I just need to experiement a bit more wink

I showed it to DH who just laughed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now