Talk

Advanced search

So angry!

(32 Posts)
Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 21:54:38

Hi everyone. I just wanted to get others opinion of this. I’m really struggling at the moment with my husband, he’s been doing very little around the home and tends to leave lot stuff to me . Should mention tho he does do the cooking (some will prob think I’m lucky) but there still is a lot left to me and he never offers to help and when I ask for help I feel he can’t be bothered . And for some reason I feel awkward when asking him like I’m really putting him out.
Anyways just trying to give you the picture first before my question.
The other day he put our little 2 year old daughter down for a nap and a couple of hours later when I went to get her she didn’t have a nappy on and he said because there were none left!! I was working from home so wasn’t aware and he was off on leave. So he put her to bed with no nappy on and thank goodness she didn’t have any accidents but it could been lot different! All he had to do was nip round to the shop as I was there anyways and buy a packet of nappies but he’s too lazy to do this .
I’m super annoyed about it and he doesn’t get it . Am I over reacting ?

OP’s posts: |
HelloThereMeHearties Tue 23-Feb-21 21:56:16

That is bizarre confused

HelloThereMeHearties Tue 23-Feb-21 21:56:56

I mean, he didn't even mention to you that there were no nappies?

pictish Tue 23-Feb-21 21:59:37

Um...yeah, that’s pretty witless.

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:09:41

Hey everyone no he didn’t mention it at all, like honestly how irresponsible is this ?!

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:11:06

I know... completely

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:12:50

Nope he didn’t say and he could just nipped to shop but no he changed her nappy realised there weren’t any left and so just put her bed anyways the poor child could have had an accident as we haven’t even begone to toilet train yet !

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:13:34

Yes definitely

fuzzymoon Tue 23-Feb-21 22:18:05

I it's beyond belief that someone is that lazy that they can't even be bothered to meet their child's needs.

In the words of MN hasn't he given you the ick?

Cockenspiel Tue 23-Feb-21 22:21:10

He sounds like a feckless moron..

Is he wanting a mummy rather than a DP?

pictish Tue 23-Feb-21 22:25:11

What’s his take on this? Is he embarrassed?

Voice0fReason Tue 23-Feb-21 22:27:36

That is beyond lazy, it's actually neglectful.

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:29:40

I know I’m
Absolutely disgusted ! He is lazy !

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:31:20

Yip think so
He lived at he until we got married at 34, but no excuse.. honestly I’m so annoyed

louise5754 Tue 23-Feb-21 22:31:47

How do you get down to just having one nappy in the house though?

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:33:16

No he literally came up
Behind me when
I was getting her and said oh yea check her cot it might be wet...this is after couple hours of her lying there! It could been a bad situation!

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:33:47

Yes I agree

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:34:25

Basically by trying to do everything myself

harknesswitch Tue 23-Feb-21 22:34:30

What happened after that, who went and got the nappies?

Seekingjoy Tue 23-Feb-21 22:36:06

Of course . Me , always me

pictish Tue 23-Feb-21 22:42:22

Seekingjoy

No he literally came up
Behind me when
I was getting her and said oh yea check her cot it might be wet...this is after couple hours of her lying there! It could been a bad situation!

That is some advanced level of slack. I’d be disgusted too.

pictish Tue 23-Feb-21 22:44:02

louise5754

How do you get down to just having one nappy in the house though?

What sort of stupid question is this? Are you trying to make the OP feel inferior or are you base level thick?

Babdoc Tue 23-Feb-21 22:44:25

You don’t have one toddler, OP, you have two. I would read the riot act to your manchild and lay down some basic rules for how to be an adult. And if he can’t manage them, he should go home to Mummy.

Catty1720 Tue 23-Feb-21 22:48:21

Babdoc

You don’t have one toddler, OP, you have two. I would read the riot act to your manchild and lay down some basic rules for how to be an adult. And if he can’t manage them, he should go home to Mummy.

This!!
he needs to step up who leaves a baby with no nappy because he can’t be bothered to go get some!!!!

louise5754 Tue 23-Feb-21 22:57:55

@pictish no I'm autistic and don't let myself get to the point I runout

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in