Talk

Advanced search

why do I feel like this?

(3 Posts)
Dkorfkheykbrf Tue 19-Jan-21 12:45:26

I wouldn’t want to talk to any relatives or friends about this so any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have been with my partner for around 4 years we don’t live together or have children but he is loyal, engaging and never puts a foot wrong.

The problem is I don’t feel the same anymore I want to be free. I’m still young and just feel like there’s not much progression in the relationship even though he treats me like a goddess .

We’re not communicating great at this present moment because I don’t want to talk and would hate to hurt him. I cannot imagine another few years of being with this wonderful man. Is there something wrong with me?

OP’s posts: |
lazylump72 Tue 19-Jan-21 16:35:01

Nothing wrong with you at all..you have grown and matured and want different things.It is hard when you outgrow a relationship but we do it all the time,with friends,colleagues,family even,We constantly evolve and what was once there and suited you no longer does.Don;t make yourself miserable and prolong it though OP.He will be hurt but you can just be honest and as kind as you can.Life is for living not for settling,go live. If its not right its just not right anymore its a fact and there is no cause or reason or blame to be attatched.its just how it is.

Dkorfkheykbrf Wed 20-Jan-21 07:00:30

Thanks. I finished it last night I felt awful leading him on. We’re both devastated but I think it’s for the best.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in